Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going on a vacation with friends, from all different financial backgrounds, there are a few married couples and a few single people, no children. Currently we are set to go to Dreams Resort in Cancun.

Does anybody have suggestions of All Inclusive resorts in Mexico or the Caribbean?

Thanks,
Nick

·
Co-Founder
8,885 Posts
I am not a fan on the run of the mill all inclusive's. All inclusive is another term for "Hillbillies drink free".

The food always sucks and the liquor is watered down.

·
5,744 Posts
I am not a fan on the run of the mill all inclusive's. All inclusive is another term for "Hillbillies drink free".

Ray, where was that amazing place you posted pictures of a few years back? It was in Cancun wasn't it?

-Markus-

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've never had the urge to go. But friends from around the country decided on one (I suggested Vegas). I'm hoping for a nice one to pop up.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Sad but true I have no idea why people do this have the adventure of traveling is lost by staying in the resort. Hell getting kidnapped is half the fun!
Cancun is bad right now, Turks, Anguilla is awesome the Viceroy Residences is the business depends on the crowd and the bank roll you can get a beach front villa 4 bed room.

Friends just got back from Hermitage Bay in Antigua said it was one of the best vacations they have taken in a while. We have began to steer away from "Resorts" Look for exclusive boutique hotels that have limited rooms no more than 30.....

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
I wouldn't call it good...but we stayed at the Grand Caribe Real in Cancun...with the specific goal of getting hammered, daily. We met our goal. They had a decent beach and a nice pool. They have a bar by the beach with swings...which we spent most of the day at.

I agree with others about the smaller more intimate places...but when you travel with a crowd sometimes it's just easier to do all inclusive. You don't have to listen to others bitch about how much dinner cost or drinks cost or this and that. This is especially important when the people going come from different financial backgrounds. Last thing you want to do on vacation is fight about a bill like a bunch of chicks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You can't go wrong with Atlantis in Nassau. One of the most amazing resorts in the world.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
bring it back from the dead why dont you

well I was in cancun couple months ago

The Me cancun was allright
Secrets the Vine was the shit

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
So I am going on a vacation with friends, from all different financial backgrounds, there are a few married couples and a few single people, no children. Currently we are set to go to Dreams Resort in Cancun.

Does anybody have suggestions of All Inclusive resorts in Mexico or the Caribbean?

Thanks,
Nick
Best all inclusives in the Caribbean are RIU PALACE hotels, palace is their step up from 5 star. They have them in Mexico, DR, Jamaica, Bahamas (right next to Atlantis), Aruba, and other islands

PS just don't go to a RIU 5 star in Cuba, for some reason it's crap

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tip when going to an all inclusive, always ask for the premium liquor when getting a drink.

For instance, don't say a Gin and Tonic -> Ask for a Tanqueray and Tonic, then they will usually use the higher grade stuff (if they have it).

I'd recommend the Riu Palace in Punta Cana, or the Luxury Bahia Principe Esmerelda in Punta Cana -> Stayed at both this past year, both are highly recommended and I found the food good as well.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Tip when going to an all inclusive, always ask for the premium liquor when getting a drink.

For instance, don't say a Gin and Tonic -> Ask for a Tanqueray and Tonic, then they will usually use the higher grade stuff (if they have it).

I'd recommend the Riu Palace in Punta Cana, or the Luxury Bahia Principe Esmerelda in Punta Cana -> Stayed at both this past year, both are highly recommended and I found the food good as well.
There are 2 Riu Palaces in Punta Cana, Riu Palace Macao is smaller and more exclusive then Riu Palace Punta Cana

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are 2 Riu Palaces in Punta Cana, Riu Palace Macao is smaller and more exclusive then Riu Palace Punta Cana
There's actually also a third, the newest of the bunch, the Riu Palace Bavaro. It's the most modern and all the rooms are brand new (hotel was built in 2011). Definitely recommend that if with family, and if you want the Adults Only (18+) aspect then the Macao is a solid choice.

Reactions: MasterWhite

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
The Riu is really fun and cheap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts