Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up L4P Mavericks,

I came across another cool video of what appears to be an Alitalia Boeing 767 performing an ILS Category 3B Autoland at MXP in very low visibility conditions. The landing is the easy part, finding their way to the gate is where things take a while. Enjoy!

720P HD

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's insane...they couldn't see the runway until they were about 75 feet above it!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Hairy for some, try landing/taxing in the places/condition the military operates...just saying.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stuff like this really amazes me. It goes to show how far we've come from Dec. 17, 1903.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have flown into a few airports like that ,definatly not my favorite flight times but does make you appreciate the hours of training and the amazing work that tower does to keep everyone safely spaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
this is unbelievable. can the air traffic tower controllers see the plane as its coming in to guide it or is it based purely on the locations that the pilots are saying they are at?

·
Registered
124 Posts
There is still nothing like a 0 illum night behind the ship in swells that are causing the ship to rock +/- 25 feet and paddles is MOVLAS. Those who understand what I just said know what I'm talking about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts