Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Sponsor
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get the ultimate setup, looking to shoot cars out in open areas where there are no plug outlets, so I need portable power. On the website they sell everything I need but I'm still new to the whole lighting thing. I wanted to know if the lights came with stands or not? I was thinking about getting umbrellas. If you could spec the ultimate setup, let me know what it is. Price limit is $1200.

Thanks!

-Spencer
@Symbolic Motors

·
Watch Forum Moderator
5,333 Posts
spencer i love ABs. get 2 AB 1600s , cybersyncs for your triggers, and a vagabond. PM me i'll show you where you can get the lightstands super affordable.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
could you really get the "ultimate" set up for only 1200?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
spencer i love ABs. get 2 AB 1600s , cybersyncs for your triggers, and a vagabond. PM me i'll show you where you can get the lightstands super affordable.
+1

I'm picking up some AB's shortly as well. I wanted to initially buy more expensive lights but after doing 3 shoots in the last couple weeks with some AB's I'm definitely sold.

Vagabonds are awesome too. (If they will ever have the damn packs in stock again!!!)

There are TONS of other alternatives out there but not in your price range and many are more geared toward studio work where light / temperature and consistency are more integral.

For what you are looking to do, AB's are the way to go.

·
Silver Sponsor
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, 1200 is a good limit but I can go over. All together I'd say i'd still get an awesome setup for that price.

-Spencer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts