Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw a thread on food, so I figure enough of us fly that why not have a thread about it. Maybe recommend what to have, and what not to have. So, lets hear about the food. What airline, and what class will help. as well as the destination, and origin. I have found some airlines switch up the menu depending on where you fly to.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This flight was on american airlines first class from chicago to ohare, and vise versa.

This is the appitizer from ord, to lhr. its a gourmet cheese and peppers. It was really good. I paired it along with a red wine.

this was a second appetizer. This was some sort of very well made smoked salmon, and shrimp. I had two of course.

This is carrot soup. RUN AWAY FROM THIS! It tastes like baby food, and you will most likely order 4 more drinks, or vomit. And vomiting due to not being sick, or drunk... not fun

I can not remember the exact type of chicken, but it was very good. it had an olive oil/butter mix, and lots of seasoning. Paired with white rice, and a tomato, it was very good. The chicken was very flavorful, and not dry at all.

This was the dessert. Ice cream bar with a great deal of toppings, and a baileys and coffee for good measures.

Breakfast ranged from cereal, to fruit, to this omlet. I mean its not fresh, but it is still pretty good for being made on an airplane. just make sure you add some pepper...

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats american airlines. first class from ohare to london.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Etihad, first class between London and Australia is the best in flight food I've had

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you at least have to tell us what to eat!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
thats american airlines. first class from ohare to london.
I'm a bit surprised! I've heard good things about Virgin and Korean Air. My brother flew Korea Air this summer and said the food was great - didn't compare to anything in the States. Anyone have any experience with either of these two?

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I thought I hit the jack pot with honey roasted peanuts, damn that stuff looks good.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
best i have ever had was aeroflot first class way back in the day....awesome roasted chickent, great potato salad, caviar...I remember eating my portions and my moms...it was good stuff!!!

their bread sucks though.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
i did an Atlanta to Seattle a few years ago with Delta. i got some crappy chicken, which made me have a crappy ending

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Japan Air (JAL) has great First Class service. Their traditional Japanese cuisine is great, no matter what your preference of sashimi or sushi is, it's all great. Their miso soup doesnt disappoint either. I had the flight back in 2006, so it's been a while, but I plan to use them next year for a trip from LAS to NRT (Vegas > Tokyo).

Delta's chicken on ciabata bread for transcontinental flights is GREAT! I only fly FC on Delta (their econ SUCKS!) but FC/Business food is always great... HIGHLY recommend the chicken on ciabata... mmmm.... I want one like you want a McRib! lol

·
Registered
643 Posts
Always had bad food coming from USA.. First class wtih AA was very bad. The food leaving from Canada is way better. CARA has really great food and desert

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Flying SFO to ICN (S. Korea) I have flown, United, Korean Air, and Singapore Air. Singapore Air was the best, by far. I think the food on Korean Air (mentioned above) is considered good, if you are Korean. I personally don't care for Abalone Porridge for breakfast.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I had some decent food on Quantas on the way to Sydney from O'Hare. Im sure Emirates has the best food, I've heard their quality is above and beyond

1 - 20 of 24 Posts