Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen/done an aftermarket radio or Nav in a Range Rover Sport? Al & Eds??

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The wiring for these are some of the easiest I have ever done. The LR3 and RRs are the same vehicle with a few cosmetic changes to the interior and exterior (Land Rover just droped a different body on the LR3, added a SG and a new center console). Attached are some photos of my LR3, Depends on the year model you have and the interior options, but again this was the easiest wiring I have ever dealt with. The face plate took a little while since there are no aftermarket available in the states (I had to make my own using resin, fiberglass and filler). If you don't mind waiting, you can order complete wiring harnesses and faceplate from the UK and install in about 1 hour.

I am running:
Kenwood DDx512 (dash)
Garmin GVN 52 (under pass seat)
Kenwood Bluetooth Bt-200 (under pass seat)
Kenwood HD Tuner (under pass seat)
Sirus (under pass seat)
iPod (dash)
USB (dash)
PAC steering wheel remote (dash)

If you decide to tackle this on your own I can get you complete wiring diagrams.

P.S. due to a bug in the LR's accessory wiring (keeps the factory radio on after the key is off), don't use the supplied accessory wire to the factory radio, come off of another accessory turn on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Any authorized Kenwood dealer in the UK can get it for you. I personally spoke with Kenwood-USA and they said it was an item that they sell only in UK and cannot get here.

You can see it on the Kenwood (UK version) webpage. In the UK they don't call them faceplates, they call them "Fitting" kits.

I'll try to upload the PDFs of the wiring, this week-end. There is about 20 pages. and another 15 pages of wiring harness photos. If you would PM me your email I can send them directly to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ended up putting in an Alpine PDX-5 in it due the LR3 having fiber optic signal cables. The Alpine actually fit perfectly where the OEM amp once sat.
This also allowed me to retain subwoofer control as well.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Does anyone know what options are out there for a 2000 Rover? Would love the change out the radio and navi screen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We have a dash kit, wire harness and steering wheel control adaptor available for this truck. We also make custom pockets for the upper area for people that started with the factory navigation unit. Done several of them. Contact me. [email protected]

Andy Schroeder
President
Proejct Two Customs

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Absolutely. I had a complete custom sound system in my Range Rover and used the stock navigation system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would like to know if anyone has come across completely replacing the factory stereo system in a range rover HSE
as i have the 2005 MOST system and want to replace it, but i am not to sure how the truck would react

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there,

I have a 2007 Range Rover Sport SC and would like to get my Pioneer Nav installed but everywhere keeps telling me its not possible. One person told me i have to get a 4CH Amp in order to get any sound.
I already have the Pioneer Unit, Radio indash Kit and wiring harness. Could you give some advice please? I await you quick respose

1 - 16 of 16 Posts