Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've never been all too keen on the whole watch thing, but im slowly getting into it.
when im talking affordable, im saying sub 10k € / 14k $. I currently own a vintage 1970's Omega constellation, which is getting restored at Omega at the moment.
Its a nice every day watch that istn too...well "bling-bling". But i sort of really crave something more special to wear on special occasions.

Sure there are plenty of skeletonized watches out there, but most of them out of my price range, or rather way more than i am willing to spend on a watch.

I have looked into the Chronoswiss Opus skeleton, but i sort of know the owner of Chronoswiss and hes a bit of a douche, so im definately not going to give him my money haha.
I also really like the Zenith chrono master el primero open, but i just want to know what my options are here. Ive been looking for watches for quite a while now, but the variety is
just way to big. I am not a big fan of bulky watches like Hublot or AP, i rather like classic chronographs or simple chronometers.

So now im tuning to all you watch afficionados out there and im asking you on some advice and maybe some suggestions :)

Thank you so much in advance !

·
Registered
848 Posts
Are you looking for a full skeleton faced watch or partial (Like the Zenith)?

I looooove the Zenith el primero open. It's a beautiful piece and Zenith is a great manufacturer. There's quite a lot of pieces in your price range, here's a few of my favorites in and under your price range I'd check out.

Zenith Chronomaster

Zenith Grande Class Open Concept

Chopard L.U.C. Tech Twist

Perrelet Split Second Chronograph Skeleton

Corum Golden Bridge

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

Hamilton Jazzmaster Moonphase

Hope that helps a little!

Reactions: LaEnana

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sometimes it's nice to give recommendations to someone who isn't a WIS. That way, I can throw out a few less-typical options to someone who's willing to shop around.

Slightly over budget: Romain Jerome Skylab

On-budget: Hublot Classic Fusion Ultra-Thin Skeleton

Under budget: Maurice Lacroix or Refined Hardware Harbinger <-- Not a WIS suggestion, but I know of two that are available. I owned one, and for "special occasions," it got more compliments than most pieces that I've owned.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you looking for a full skeleton faced watch or partial (Like the Zenith)?

I looooove the Zenith el primero open. It's a beautiful piece and Zenith is a great manufacturer. There's quite a lot of pieces in your price range, here's a few of my favorites in and under your price range I'd check out.

Zenith Chronomaster

Zenith Grande Class Open Concept

Chopard L.U.C. Tech Twist

Perrelet Split Second Chronograph Skeleton

Corum Golden Bridge

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

Hamilton Jazzmaster Moonphase

Hope that helps a little!
Thanks a lot fo all the suggestions !

Ive never seen the zenith grand class before but i really like it ! Does it also have the El Primero movement or ist it an ETA or inhouse movement ?

A dealer nearby still has a 2008 chronomaster el primero open grand date display piece lying around that would sell for really good money i think im going to check it out in person :)

In terms of completely skeletonized or only partially, i dont really care, i just really like to see the movement working along :)

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
As far as minimalist open face watches go I'm a big fan of the Corum Golden bridge posted above. Something really cool about it.

Reactions: Chris796

·
Registered
469 Posts
As far as minimalist open face watches go I'm a big fan of the Corum Golden bridge posted above. Something really cool about it.
I got a Stuhrling bridge-style watch last year. It's actually pretty nice. It's not as nice as a Corum, but it was less than 1/100th the price...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True, i really do like the corum its somehow really special. but sadly its about double my budget. At least i could only find redgold versions here in germany and those sell here for around 30k
I think im going for the Zenith el primero chronomaster open :)
If i can get a deal on one, i might as well get the version with the moonphase :)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
True, i really do like the corum its somehow really special. but sadly its about double my budget. At least i could only find redgold versions here in germany and those sell here for around 30k
I think im going for the Zenith el primero chronomaster open :)
If i can get a deal on one, i might as well get the version with the moonphase :)
Jeez at 30k I doubt I'll be getting one soon either :lol: The Zenith is a good choice though, I've always had a bit of a thing for them.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Good choice! Post up some pics when you get it'

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just seen that Tissot in person on a display. Couldnt look at it closer since the jewellers was closed but I grabbed a few pictures. Beautiful watch for sure. Sorry for the bad quality
for the money....it certainly is a looker :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
The tissot piece looks killer; I am anxious to see it in person as I am sometimes disappointed with their pieces in person.
I saw one at Feldmar the last time I was there. Very nice, although there's something that doesn't quite do it for me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts