Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 9 year solids control hand looking to start my own environmental oilfield services company
I seem to have all of the ducks in a row all except an investor
I need advise on how to get my idea out to investors and how to approach one. Thanks

D Mitchell

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Make some cold calls or get started on networking.
Always speak with facts that you can back up with evidence. Remember to get down to the bottom lines of why the investor should invest, how much she/he can make, and why it's a good investment.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Investors love to see numbers. Create a business plan and make sure to include a solid forecast.
How much money are you looking to raise? You may have better luck looking for a partner, alternatively, you should lobby your family and friends first, they will more likely invest in you. You may find it difficult to find an investor unless you're numbers are huge, and stacked in your favour! This is not always the case, but if you act like it is, your presentation and preparation will reflect that and that will look good on you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I second everything these two have said ^
Check friends and family first and foremost. Network all day every day. Figure out exactly why the investor should invest and why they should trust you. Think of yourself in their shoes and pitch them what you would want to hear. Have a solid business plan and be able to present it with confidence.

Also, there might be some government programs that would help out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys thanks for all of your generous advice , I have taken lots of notes
OK, Now to answer your questions
First, I am more looking for a business partner, so that the investor will have continual residual income and not just a payoff and can continue to turn a profit
Secondly, The amount is around $100,000 for a slow but steady growth with a 90 day 150% return on investment
Alternately $300,000 for a rapid but stable growth without the instability of over growth with a 180 day 150% return on investment
My plan is to repay the investor 150% on the investment at a rate of 60%/40% after operating cost ,in favor of the investor, all profits there after would be 50%/50%
Threw all the years of my career it has not been uncommon to see 500,000$ / 1 Million a month in revenue for the company in which I was employed , Which in all aspects and common business reasoning I have not drawn up a profit projection this high in order to prevent financial projections from looking slow or weak
My thoughts are metaphorically slow and steady
With my experience and well versed oilfield career I am confident that we would have the strength to compete in the leading edge of solids control methods to rise and ultimately become the industry standard
This industry has proven time and time again to make multi-millionaires , although money is key to sustaining life this is not what drives my passion
I feel that with my experience and knowledge and some financial backing we can become the go to company that supplies drilling rigs with their environmental oilfield supply needs

also I do understand the difference between advise and advice please understand that a 20 minute spot I found in my 21 hr day was used to make that post

Again guys thanks

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hey guys thanks for all of your generous advice , I have taken lots of notes
OK, Now to answer your questions
First, I am more looking for a business partner, so that the investor will have continual residual income and not just a payoff and can continue to turn a profit
Secondly, The amount is around $100,000 for a slow but steady growth with a 90 day 150% return on investment
Alternately $300,000 for a rapid but stable growth without the instability of over growth with a 180 day 150% return on investment
My plan is to repay the investor 150% on the investment at a rate of 60%/40% after operating cost ,in favor of the investor, all profits there after would be 50%/50%
Threw all the years of my career it has not been uncommon to see 500,000$ / 1 Million a month in revenue for the company in which I was employed , Which in all aspects and common business reasoning I have not drawn up a profit projection this high in order to prevent financial projections from looking slow or weak
My thoughts are metaphorically slow and steady
With my experience and well versed oilfield career I am confident that we would have the strength to compete in the leading edge of solids control methods to rise and ultimately become the industry standard
This industry has proven time and time again to make multi-millionaires , although money is key to sustaining life this is not what drives my passion
I feel that with my experience and knowledge and some financial backing we can become the go to company that supplies drilling rigs with their environmental oilfield supply needs

also I do understand the difference between advise and advice please understand that a 20 minute spot I found in my 21 hr day was used to make that post

Again guys thanks
Can you elaborate on what the company will actually provide?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you elaborate on what the company will actually provide?
Solids control solutions to the drilled solids that come from the ground as a result of the rig drilling into it
by solids control solutions I am of course referring to such machines as decanters (centrifuges) to process the ultra fine solids that are suspended in the mud (diesel based drilling fluids) and drying shakers to remove excess (valuable) drilling fluid from the cuttings that come from the ground as the rig drills

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Solids control solutions to the drilled solids that come from the ground as a result of the rig drilling into it
by solids control solutions I am of course referring to such machines as decanters (centrifuges) to process the ultra fine solids that are suspended in the mud (diesel based drilling fluids) and drying shakers to remove excess (valuable) drilling fluid from the cuttings that come from the ground as the rig drills
Is this equipment rented/leased to the client or sold?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There are two options
Option A you can lease the equipment from a solids control rental company
Option B you can buy complete set ups for around 100,000 a piece so 20 days per unit until they turn profit
an angel investor would be what i need at the moment !

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
There are two options
Option A you can lease the equipment from a solids control rental company
Option B you can buy complete set ups for around 100,000 a piece so 20 days per unit until they turn profit
an angel investor would be what i need at the moment !
Just see if anyone's interested on here then, lots of investors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want to thank you guys for the battery of questions I think it has helped enlighten me and got me on my toes and helped prepare me for the questions an investor would have

1 - 17 of 17 Posts