Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie. I'm looking to buy a BMW possibly. How much maintenance do these cars actually cost? Coming from owning a older lexus ES300 (1995) i would like to invest in another luxury car. The lexus treated me very well. Rarely anything went wrong with it. Do BMw;s have a lot of problems? will they last a long time 200,000k? Or are they just another money pit..

·
14,490 Posts
The E46 3-series any model is the most reliable BMW ever made. With that said all you'll need to do is normal maintenance. The stuff that is documented on E46s online is endless. Any issue you ever run into there's a DIY for it. Any part you need? there's one for sale always and it's always cheaper online. There are only two things you need to worry about an E46 from 99-2001. Rear subframe ripping ( google it ) and automatic transmissions usually start to go out around 150-180k miles. UNLESS the fluid was changed every 40-60k miles.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
How reliable are say 2002-2006 X3/X5's? I've been looking at either of those or a 2006+ Jeep Grand Cherokee and would just like to know what to expect maintenance wise compared to the Jeep

1 - 4 of 4 Posts