Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellow L4Pers,

I'm looking for suggestions on a nice black (or carbon fibre) faced watch that can straddle the line between casual and semi-dressy (I've already got a pure dress watch). I've looked around, but am having a hard time coming up with ideas since I'm relatively new to the watch gang.

I'm looking for something with an automatic or handwind movement and with a case 45mm or less. The kicker: I'm a poor student and I would like to spend $500 or less.To give people an idea, I've been eying things all the way from an understated Stowa Antea Black to something more flashy like a Pyrolume Titanium CF Aviator. I've also come across this Bulova:
http://a1.zassets.com/images/z/1/2/1/1218445-p-DETAILED.jpg ....however I'm not really a fan of the diamonds on the dial.

I know there are many watches that I am missing in my search. As such, any help from more savvy and knowledgeable watch gurus would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
244 Posts
How About lum-tec? have you checked them out, i have the M18 and i love it, the M17 is nice aswell, but both are soldout so you will have to check watchrecon, or look around forums for people looking to sell...Should be in that price range...just my 2c

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
I love "The Search Button"

·
Registered
6,608 Posts

PLEASE SEARCH!!!!

I know there is a thread that i posted about 10-20 watches in. just so happens they are in your price range. and get ready for this one.... drum roll please. all black faced!!!!

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Hey Jake, I would definitely look into a Lum-Tec. Price, carbon fiber, modern styling and durability are definitely their strong points. Also you can get some really cool bands for Lum-Tec. Bulova or Citizen are great choices as well. I really like the Citizen for an all purpose watch. For the money it is the best watch hands down. I know of no one who has ever been disappointed by The Eco Drives. A typical night for me could be, I could have on a Panerai on and my friends could be wearing an Eco Drive. They'll receive conversation and compliments and I will get none. E-Bay or Amazon is a good place to procure a Citizen or Bulova. Also Jake since you're on a budget look into the marketplace here. It's a buyers market right now for this type of item. If you do buy second hand just make sure you know the seller's credentials. Always feel free to PM me bro... especially if you want some advice before you purchase.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I love "The Search Button"

PLEASE SEARCH!!!!

I know there is a thread that i posted about 10-20 watches in. just so happens they are in your price range. and get ready for this one.... drum roll please. all black faced!!!!
I appreciate the feedback. I searched "black faced watch" but must have missed the thread. Thank you to those who provided me with suggestions. I will definitely look into them.

Also, thanks ItODDospeed! I will definitely come to you for future advice. For the record, I'd much rather wear an understated Pam that got no compliments than an inferior, but flashy, piece that received many. You've got great test in watches.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
not a problem. Look through those, and I can post more if needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts