Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my budget right now allows for another fun car. I want something that is fun, good looking, and comfortable. It will be driven in good weather only and only occasionally at that. Here are the options I've narrowed it down to:

-White Aventador: Exhaust, Lowered, and ADV.1's/HRE's (would go TT but that puts it over budget)

-RR Ghost EWB: Black or White, Lowered, ADV.1's/HRE's

-MB SLS: Full Exhaust, Intake, Tune, Side Skirts, Rear Wing, Front Splitter, ADV.1's/HRE's

I listed the mods that would fit within the budget I have allotted myself as well per each make/model. Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated. Also, if you have a better idea for a car let me know!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
^That

Each 3 are really different cars, and you can't go wrong with any of them.

But I'd go with the Avy, not a fan of the SLS unless its a BS. And the Ghost doesn't fall into the ''fun'' category to me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Typical reply from this forum now...ever think that maybe someone here has owned one or all of the above? My bad for posting a legit question on a public forum where someone may own one or all of my options. Hope to see you two grumpy a$$e$ on Goldrush!!!

Btw 1 test drive isn't going to get me anywhere. That tells me absolutely zero about ownership of a particular vehicle over time.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Lol someone's wound up a bit tight. And yes, 1 test drive actually does tell you a lot about a car. You get a feeling for the handling/steering/comfort(which if I'm not mistaken is something you asked about)/fun factor(also something you asked about)/etc. That covers 2 of the 3 requirements you listed and "good looking" seems to have already been taken care of considering you've narrowed your choices down to 3. Also, you're asking about all cars that are lowered so take into consideration that the suspension will be stiffer than stock. Asking what you asked in your original post isn't going to get you any info about ownership over a long period of time (maintenance/upkeep) because that's not what you asked.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have 2 ghosts and my 2nd aventador.
The ghost is the best all around car. Comfort, class and power. You can't go wrong!
Aventador is my favorite car of all times. Not the most comfortable car for real long rides but well worth the sacrifice.
The SLS .. Ehhh. Nice but not in the class of the other 2!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Derek I'm prob the most laid back human being you have ever met...

That being said I'm not looking for an in depth analysis of each vehicle. I've owned just about anything and everything out there under 300k with the exception of F cars because I just am not a fan. All I asked for was basic suggestions from people who actually have experience with the cars. A test drive literally does nothing for the consumer fyi. A consumer who is excited to be in a vehicle they are debating on purchasing technically has endorphins and adrenalin that enhance the over all experience. Given that, the results are skewed from 1 single drive of the vehicle. Test drives are lame...they don't answer any questions. If you have experience with any of my above selections or anything else comparable please let me know. They are completely different vehicles, but I'm wanting a fun car in general...that's it.

Lubejobs42 thanks for the reply! That does help me out. I'm leaning towards a Ghost at this point for the overall factor. Looks killer, commands a presence, and can be fun!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I wouldn't get the Ghost if it will only be driven occasionally. The Ghost is a car that should be driven daily IMO.

Then again, you already have the Atom and Gallardo as fun cars...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need to update my sig...Atom and G are gone. My GT-R is pending sale currently so it's time to make a purchase. So I take it no one likes the SLS much???

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I have never driven any of them, so my opinion probably doesn't mean that much, but IMO the SLS isn't in the same league as the Aventador or Ghost. SLS Black Series is, but the normal SLS can be had for around ~170-180k new, and there's a reason for that. Ghost seems more of a car you would be driven around in and less of a car you'd actually want to drive. Aventador is the car you want to drive. I've seen several and ridden in one for a short while, and there are no words to describe it. The sound, the attention, that gorgeous V12, the position of the driver everything is just perfect.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have 2 ghosts and my 2nd aventador.
The ghost is the best all around car. Comfort, class and power. You can't go wrong!
Aventador is my favorite car of all times. Not the most comfortable car for real long rides but well worth the sacrifice.
The SLS .. Ehhh. Nice but not in the class of the other 2!

I guess my opinion doesn't carry much weight :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess my opinion doesn't carry much weight :eek:hwell:
No it does lol. I'm just at that point right now where I don't know what I want out of my next car. I want comfort and looks but also want the speed factor. The Aventador may be comfortable, it's still a Lambo so I will have to worry about every bump and incline wherever I turn. I feel like the Ghost wouldn't have that issue nearly as much...plus I have a 13 month old son and he could actually ride in the Ghost. So it basically brings up a new question...if I go ghost, should I go EWB for the extra $$$ or no?

·
Registered
205 Posts
No it does lol. I'm just at that point right now where I don't know what I want out of my next car. I want comfort and looks but also want the speed factor. The Aventador may be comfortable, it's still a Lambo so I will have to worry about every bump and incline wherever I turn. I feel like the Ghost wouldn't have that issue nearly as much...plus I have a 13 month old son and he could actually ride in the Ghost. So it basically brings up a new question...if I go ghost, should I go EWB for the extra $$$ or no?
I don't know which part of DFW you live in, but most the roads in Dallas suck, and the roads near Autosource suck IIRC, making the Aventador a very uncomfortable ride. I would get a EWB Ghost personally, or a new Series II Phantom. I haven't seen either on the roads in DFW with the exception for them being at Park Place. The SLS is cool, but since you said you have a son I think you both would have more fun in the Ghost.

Didn't you use to have a Flying Spur on Modular Wheels?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I would go Aventador, then Ghost and definitely wouldn't get an SLS.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts