Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finalized the first application!
For those who aren't too familiar with the TUV process, it's a very extensive, detailed and expensive testing process for wheels to be able to be driven on in Germany and parts of Europe. Each individual wheel style needs to go through a ton of testing and procedures for each application, so in order to TUV certify a wide range of popular applications in all of our styles is a huge investment. The end result will be pretty amazing for Germany as ADV.1 will be one of the only legal wheel options for exotic vehicles!

Big thanks to our partners Markus and Eric from ATT-Tec (ADV.1 Germany) for devoting themselves to this project and for having the faith in our product to do such a huge project. Over the next few months we'll be releasing new TUV Certifications on more applications one after the other!

· Banned
6,957 Posts
This is big! - Congrats!

I know how much the TÜV can be a pain in the ass and trying to bring a whole new product through it is massive. I really hope it pays off 4 you guys because only very few people over here are willing to mod their already expensive cars and put expensive wheels on them, and if they do so, you almost never see those cars so marketing is quiet difficult as well. I do hope though that you guys can change that because some of your designs are the best out there and deserve to be seen much more over here.

I must say though, I've never heared of ATT-Tec before, but I hope they'll do a good job.

· Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ADV.1 Strikes Again!(TM) now-Certified Wheels for your Exotics to make panties drop :D
Internationally :bow1:

This is big! - Congrats!

I know how much the TÜV can be a pain in the ass and trying to bring a whole new product through it is massive. I really hope it pays off 4 you guys because only very few people over here are willing to mod their already expensive cars and put expensive wheels on them, and if they do so, you almost never see those cars so marketing is quiet difficult as well. I do hope though that you guys can change that because some of your designs are the best out there and deserve to be seen much more over here.

I must say though, I've never heared of ATT-Tec before, but I hope they'll do a good job.
Yeah, very good points - you're right about the vehicles and risk. Markus and Erich have been in business for a while now and have carefully studied their market in order to focus on the right vehicles for this huge project. Their application list is limited but focuses on their most popular applications which they've decided to apply the TUV testing to. It's not really based on exotics like we have in the US, more vehicles like the e92 m3, panamera, porsche 997's, Audi A4 and RS4, c63, e class, cls, etc. Nothing too limited as their needs to be a substantial projected sales volume for each application in order to offset the initial investment. Overall they'll start with about 10 applications and only offer 3 wheel styles for each - even at that limited selection it's still 30+ tests, which means all those wheels are destroyed on top of the large testing fees.

We've contracted a 3rd party mediator who specialized in TUV Certification and he's helped us organize the necessary documents and engineering modifications to the parts in order to get to the stage we're at today - the hard part is done, now it's just the testing and manufacturing of all the wheels for TUV.

It's a huge project but in the end should be something amazing! We've even had to modify our engineering files for the tire "hump" in some cases as well as provide hundreds of pages of testing and material data - I can see why very few companies have done this, but when we start something it gets finished so we've pushed through it all :bow1:

Congrats guys! ADV.1 is taking over the world!
Aww - we're just tryin to take it slow and pretty ;) thanks!

Congrats!
thank you!

:thumbsup: nice work and congrats for the Certificate

Do you guys do 24'' for SUV's ?
thanks man, yes we just finalized and received our standard concave 24" forgings for SUV's and we're currently in production of our 24" deep concave forgings - they're scheduled to arrive in about 8 weeks.

deep concave orders would be about 12 weeks out, and standard concave orders only 3-6 weeks depending on engineering.

Congrats J!
Now we're talking! :clap:
thank you sir! 24's ready to go! :D

· Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
1,220 Posts
Awesome. TÜV is a stringent standard, I had to get it on some products we were selling in France/Germany and it wasn't fun. Props fellas!

· Registered
877 Posts
That's great news. I know that the TÜV can be a pain in the ass but you need it to get German customers. Not many aftermarket wheel companys from abroad have TÜV certificate.
I will be looking forward spotting your products here in Germany.

· Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Who would of thought...
:D

Awesome. TÜV is a stringent standard, I had to get it on some products we were selling in France/Germany and it wasn't fun. Props fellas!
thanks man, yeah not fun at all :bow1:

Congrats J.
thank you P-one!

Congrats on the TUV Rating, that is a big deal and not many wheel companies can say they have "TUV Certification" Well done!
Thanks Beewee, you know we've been busting ass at this for a while now - hopefully by next year we'll see some return on this project :bow1:

Jordan, you truly stay ahead of the game. Huge Congrats! I know it's a huge investment but hopefully it will pay off in the long run. Just imagine every single exotic in Germany on ADV.1's.
Nice! thanks Mr. C, yeah I think it will be pretty huge!

That's great news. I know that the TÜV can be a pain in the ass but you need it to get German customers. Not many aftermarket wheel companys from abroad have TÜV certificate.
I will be looking forward spotting your products here in Germany.
thank you sir, we're looking forward to it as well ;)

Congrats! I hope that opens up a lot of doors for you in the EU!
thanks!!!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.