Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car has been circulating all around the interwebs, popping up on blogs and social media alike. I think its due to its attention grabbing blue wheel finish, we call Peek-A-Blue. The vibrant wheels help draw the eye to the custom widebody fenders that can be easily overlooked by the untrained eye. It was built by Beijing Golden Star, a shop that is no stranger to high power custom Mercedes builds.

Wheel Specs:
ADV7 M.V2
Exposed Hardware
Finish: Peek A Blue
20x9 | 20x12

See more here:
ADV.1 Gallery | Mercedes CLS63 Widebody ADV7MV2SL

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I think it's too much, I can see a wide body on a coupe/sports car but not on a family sedan lol

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not gonna say I wouldn't wide body a CLS ... Because we totally did. And it was awesome. Once you start modding these things it's impossible it grip in 1st and 2nd and sometimes 3rd ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think it's too much, I can see a wide body on a coupe/sports car but not on a family sedan lol
This is a coupe. And a 6.3 liter bi-turbo V8 isn't your average powerhouse. This car will put many "sports cars" in their place.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Not gonna say I wouldn't wide body a CLS ... Because we totally did. And it was awesome. Once you start modding these things it's impossible it grip in 1st and 2nd and sometimes 3rd ;)
turbo'd v8 does pretty well at doing that by itself lol. Throwing a wide body kit and some smurfed out wheels on it doesn't make it any more powerful.. :lol:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I agree that it's got a great engine and it's seriously fast. But it just isn't a coupe.
Do me a favor and go mbusa.com and try to find the CLS. **hint** It's under coupe. First four door coupe was the 219 chassis. The previous cls body style. ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
They could have it listed under helicopter, doesn't necessarily make it one. This is not a coupe.
Yeah what do I know I'm just a mercedes technician. Whether a car is two or four door doesn't decide if it's a coupe. It goes by the way the body is styled. Hence why some cars are called hatch backs instead of being a coupe for example.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do me a favor and go mbusa.com and try to find the CLS. **hint** It's under coupe. First four door coupe was the 219 chassis. The previous cls body style. ;)
Yeah, they started the trend of the "4-door coupe". OK.
But the term "4-door coupe" is NONSENSE. Since the term "COUPE" means a closed two-door car body style.
The "4-door coupe" is just a marketing invention.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah, they started the trend of the "4-door coupe". OK.
But the term "4-door coupe" is NONSENSE. Since the term "COUPE" means a closed two-door car body style.
The "4-door coupe" is just a marketing invention.
Maybe in conventional terms its non-sense. Although now along with mercedes; jaguar, hyundai, and volkswagen all have four door coupes for sale and thats just what I know of. It is only becoming more common so with times things change.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts