Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****Please note that this issue has been resolved with Jordan of ADV****

I also wanted to clarify that I had to go back to a 295 even with the HRE wheels as the car was to low for the 305s to fit in the quarter panel. The 305s were not the right fitment for the car lowered but work at stock heights as you see on the GT model, and why they were originally selected. With the car lowered 295s are the widest tire that will fit and even then its an extremely close fit for either set of wheels. The wheels were made to the correct specifications for a stock XKR and there was a miscommunication on the configuration of the car.

Jordan and I have spoken numerous times in the past day and I feel assured that this matter is resolved to my satisfaction.

At the end of August I was looking for wheels and went to local tuning shop looking for HREs. He mentioned I look at ADV 1 since they are local and cheaper than the HRE monoblocks, plus seemed to be the hot wheels at the moment. I found the 10.1s that I liked and placed the order and gave a 2k cash deposit (he’s a friend) to have the wheels started.

I'm was no wheel expert at the time but having owned HREs in the past they would always ask is the car stock, lowered, fitment type, tires to be used etc... I was never asked a single but sent numerous texts to the tuning shop that I wanted 20x9.5 fronts and 20x10.5 rear to fit Michelin Pilot Super Sports 265/35/20 and 305/30/20 respectively the exact same size used my most modified XKRs I've found and on Jaguar's own XK-R-GT. Nothing special here I but I made it clear as to what I wanted.

The week before SEMA I was told my wheels were complete and they needed the 4400 balance and 540 for overnight shipping ASAP and why wheels would arrive Monday. So I gave Tuning representative the money and dropped my car off at the installed and rented a car on Friday, so they had time to install the springs and touch up a few things before the wheels arrived. Monday comes and no wheels... I was told ADV said they forgot to ship them, they will be there Wednesday. Wednesday rolls around still no wheels... At this point I'm pretty upset and call Tuning representative and ADV. Tuning representative says he sent a wire ADV says they never received a wire. This went on for two weeks.

On 11/15 my wheels finally arrived, so I left work and headed over to the tuning shop where they were mounting the front wheels. They sat in about 15mm which is what happens to stock wheels on a lowered XKR as the track narrows when the suspension is compressed. Bad but ok I need my car back as I've had a rental for two weeks now. They put on the rears and the entire wheel and tire are sticking out about 1.5 inches. I called the Tuning representative right away and he calls ADV. They say hey we made wheels for a stock XKR nothing we can do. He asked Carlos to drive 10 minutes from his office to look at the car. He refused and said he’s not allowed to leave the building. Basically no one cared.....
So I left the shop at 9PM not knowing what to do... A week later Tuning representative said he would have ADV cut some new wheels as the shop said they were off my about 10mm. ADV initially agreed Then during a conference call they mentioned the wheels were 20x9 and 20x11 and I said look that’s not what I ordered, but recut the rear to fit and we are saying they won't do anything and I need to use stock 285 tires, I'm an idiot and 305s will never ever fit that car even though that what I ordered them to fit. I insisted they would and response is you've been reading too many forums and he’s been fitting wheels for years and knows that will never fit. They even listed for me to use or 295/25/20 which is the wrong size tire and to try and shoehorn the wheels to fit. I'm thinking to myself WTF I did not pay for this crap, I ordered custom wheels to fit my car and desired tires and ride height.

At this point I drafted a demand of refund email and sent it to Carlos, Sean and Jordan on 11/27 and was contacted by Mike Burroughs on 11/28. He said is there anything I can do but as this point all I wanted was a refund due to the wrong wheels, amount of time we have wasted.

That day I also ordered wheels from HRE as I couldn’t wait any longer playing this game with ADV, as I was still driving a rental car. He refused to refund my money and said it was all Tuning representative’s fault and for me to call him. Tuning representative was never given the offset specs just an invoice which he showed me.
On 12/3 I retained an attorney to get a refund settlement or I would be going after them for the 6400 in wheels, 540 in shipping, 1900 in rental car and lost wages in dealing with this episode. They agreed to a partial refund of 3200 and 3200 from the tuning shop. Then this Monday Jordan said no we have nothing to do with this. So we are now drafting a formal demand letter that they pay by Friday or we file a lawsuit against them.

By the way HRE completed my wheels with a perfect fit in three business days not 2 months... They have contacted me multiple times to make sure I'm happy, which I am with HRE.

This entire ordeal has been going on since September and it’s completely asinine to even be at this point. All they had to do was cut some new rear wheels and you have a customer for life. Instead they rather take my money and run and leave me with wheels that don’t fit while I had to go spend a large chunk of change at HRE.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Obviously he did not just join so maybe he wanted his first post to be showing his new wheels in November but now it is this. All companies have times when things don't go right. But I don't think he is mentioning the shop which I would assume if you had to order wheels you would need some spec sheet sent to manufacturer. So is this on ADV1 or the shop?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
At the end of August I was looking for wheels and went to local tuning shop looking for HREs. He mentioned I look at ADV 1 since they are local and cheaper than the HRE monoblocks, plus seemed to be the hot wheels at the moment. I found the 10.1s that I liked and placed the order and gave a 2k cash deposit (he’s a friend) to have the wheels started.

I'm was no wheel expert at the time but having owned HREs in the past they would always ask is the car stock, lowered, fitment type, tires to be used etc... I was never asked a single but sent numerous texts to the tuning shop that I wanted 20x9.5 fronts and 20x10.5 rear to fit Michelin Pilot Super Sports 265/35/20 and 305/30/20 respectively the exact same size used my most modified XKRs I've found and on Jaguar's own XK-R-GT. Nothing special here I but I made it clear as to what I wanted.

The week before SEMA I was told my wheels were complete and they needed the 4400 balance and 540 for overnight shipping ASAP and why wheels would arrive Monday. So I gave Tuning representative the money and dropped my car off at the installed and rented a car on Friday, so they had time to install the springs and touch up a few things before the wheels arrived. Monday comes and no wheels... I was told ADV said they forgot to ship them, they will be there Wednesday. Wednesday rolls around still no wheels... At this point I'm pretty upset and call Tuning representative and ADV. Tuning representative says he sent a wire ADV says they never received a wire. This went on for two weeks.

On 11/15 my wheels finally arrived, so I left work and headed over to the tuning shop where they were mounting the front wheels. They sat in about 15mm which is what happens to stock wheels on a lowered XKR as the track narrows when the suspension is compressed. Bad but ok I need my car back as I've had a rental for two weeks now. They put on the rears and the entire wheel and tire are sticking out about 1.5 inches. I called the Tuning representative right away and he calls ADV. They say hey we made wheels for a stock XKR nothing we can do. He asked Carlos to drive 10 minutes from his office to look at the car. He refused and said he’s not allowed to leave the building. Basically no one cared.....
So I left the shop at 9PM not knowing what to do... A week later Tuning representative said he would have ADV cut some new wheels as the shop said they were off my about 10mm. ADV initially agreed Then during a conference call they mentioned the wheels were 20x9 and 20x11 and I said look that’s not what I ordered, but recut the rear to fit and we are saying they won't do anything and I need to use stock 285 tires, I'm an idiot and 305s will never ever fit that car even though that what I ordered them to fit. I insisted they would and response is you've been reading too many forums and he’s been fitting wheels for years and knows that will never fit. They even listed for me to use or 295/25/20 which is the wrong size tire and to try and shoehorn the wheels to fit. I'm thinking to myself WTF I did not pay for this crap, I ordered custom wheels to fit my car and desired tires and ride height.

At this point I drafted a demand of refund email and sent it to Carlos, Sean and Jordan on 11/27 and was contacted by Mike Burroughs on 11/28. He said is there anything I can do but as this point all I wanted was a refund due to the wrong wheels, amount of time we have wasted.

That day I also ordered wheels from HRE as I couldn’t wait any longer playing this game with ADV, as I was still driving a rental car. He refused to refund my money and said it was all Tuning representative’s fault and for me to call him. Tuning representative was never given the offset specs just an invoice which he showed me.
On 12/3 I retained an attorney to get a refund settlement or I would be going after them for the 6400 in wheels, 540 in shipping, 1900 in rental car and lost wages in dealing with this episode. They agreed to a partial refund of 3200 and 3200 from the tuning shop. Then this Monday Jordan said no we have nothing to do with this. So we are now drafting a formal demand letter that they pay by Friday or we file a lawsuit against them.

By the way HRE completed my wheels with a perfect fit in three business days not 2 months... They have contacted me multiple times to make sure I'm happy, which I am with HRE.

This entire ordeal has been going on since September and it’s completely asinine to even be at this point. All they had to do was cut some new rear wheels and you have a customer for life. Instead they rather take my money and run and leave me with wheels that don’t fit while I had to go spend a large chunk of change at HRE.
1. please learn what a paragraph is ( i see already fixed)
2. when ordering something give the company exact specs of what you want i.e. offset etc so they don't have to go by stock vehicle specs
3. if its true and not a Smear Compain, that sucks hope you get ur money back, BUT from what i read you did not give exact specs of what u wanted and you are the only one to blame

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been lurking and reading threads as I was building the car.. Sorry if this is my first post but I spend most of my time on the jag forum.

Sorry for the initial lack of paragraphs It was copy and pasting from another document and just missed it, my mistake.

I dont have time to smear anyone, I'm happy to show anyone the pictures emails etc, I'm just letting people know of my experiences with ADV. I'm out nearly 9k in wheels and a rental car and no one cares. I've had to hire an attorney its been a complete nightmare.

I gave them the exact specs of my car. Same specs given to HRE where the fit is absolutely perfect. HRE even had my exact car measured before they would accept my deposit so that They never confirmed anything at all, never came to look at the car, just denied everything and left me with unusable wheels, that wont even fit a stock XKR as the wheels stick out past the quarter panels.

I'll resize the pictures and post them for you to see for yourself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did give them information so how am I to blame? I'm the customer who has no skill in measuring fitment. I told them the exact mods on the car and they still built stock wheel offsets after I was reassured they would make the correct wheel. How is that my fault? I was also never provided with a list of specs prebuild to sign off on as I was with HRE. I also provided exact wheel sizes 20x9.5 and 20x10.5 they shipped 20x9 and 20x11, again thats not what I ordered.

Also HRE made sure someone measured my car via their templates before they would accept the order and take a dime of my money.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Obviously he did not just join so maybe he wanted his first post to be showing his new wheels in November but now it is this. All companies have times when things don't go right. But I don't think he is mentioning the shop which I would assume if you had to order wheels you would need some spec sheet sent to manufacturer. So is this on ADV1 or the shop?
Yes exactly, was happy to get the wheels until they arrived. I went through a dealer which I'm not throwing under the bus as he never received specs and we asked for them twice. Fact of the matter is all they had to do was recut the rears, which they first agreed to do then disappeared and said its not their problem.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think this is a good post. If anything, this is warning people who are looking into ADV.1s. I hope you get everything sorted out and best of luck with everything.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1. please learn what a paragraph is ( i see already fixed)
2. when ordering something give the company exact specs of what you want i.e. offset etc so they don't have to go by stock vehicle specs
3. if its true and not a Smear Compain, that sucks hope you get ur money back, BUT from what i read you did not give exact specs of what u wanted and you are the only one to blame
I'm no wheel expert at the time but having owned HREs in the past they would always ask is the car stock, lowered, fitment type, tires to be used etc... I was never asked a single but sent numerous texts to the tuning shop that I wanted 20x9.5 fronts and 20x10.5 rear to fit Michelin Pilot Super Sports 265/35/20 and 305/30/20 respectively the exact same size used my most modified XKRs I've found and on Jaguar's own XK-R-GT. Nothing special here I but I made it clear as to what I wanted.

This was me giving them clear information on the intended use, as wheel experts they need to determine offset or at least this should have raised some questions. It did with HRE and any other wheel manufacturer I talked to.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Issues will always come up in a business. It is how those issues are handled that separates the good and the bad.
Thank you those are my thoughts exactly, this has been handled poorly from start to finish. I'm not smearing their wheels they look great, but the experience has been a nightmare. I ordered with HRE the day before thanksgiving and had wheels in hand 10 days later that fit perfectly.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Am I allowed to post a link to another forum so that you can see the pictures? I dont have time to edit them or if someone else would like to post just send me a PM. Thank you

·
Registered
580 Posts
Am I allowed to post a link to another forum so that you can see the pictures? I dont have time to edit them or if someone else woudl liek to post just send me a PM. Thank you
Sure, why not. It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. There isn't a Jag section on this board anyway.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 295 Posts