Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
L4P,

I am born and raised in the Philly Burbs and have had ALMOST every cheese steak variety in the Philly area (and all over the world) so i consider myself (and my friends) somewhat of an authority on a good cheese steak...

This thread isnt about whos the best - what i think is the best - or what you and your cousins girlfriends college roomate thinks is the best.....

Just want to tell you that if you are in the Philly area and you want a SERIOUSLY good cheese steak like no other in the city (the world!) then go to MAMA'S PIZZERIA on Belmont Ave (right off city line ave).

Its not your typicail "Pats" or "Genos" style place....but once inside you will be greated with the typical "how ya doin" and from then on out its on!

One of the best steaks ever! :D (just had one last night)

~ Enjoy ~

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
thanks for the invite:eek:hwell:

but i do agree...mamas is amazing

·
Silver Sponsor
803 Posts
Now Im starving....I miss the true Philly Cheesesteak, I miss it havent had once since I was at Valley Forge Military College....that being said White House Subs in Atlantic City runs a close 2nd in my opinion, I try to hit it when I roll to the Borgata.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Now Im starving....I miss the true Philly Cheesesteak, I miss it havent had once since I was at Valley Forge Military College....that being said White House Subs in Atlantic City runs a close 2nd in my opinion, I try to hit it when I roll to the Borgata.
+1 White House is dope. on a more related note....a friend of mine who went to school in Philly says Mama's is better than Pat's or Geno's. Guess i gotta give it a try.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
the closest thing we have to a philly cheese steak in saudi arabia is the cheese steak burger from hardee's :/

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need to go to Philly. I am heading to NYC next month, may need to make a stop on the way back!!!!
Let me know if you do and well make it happen Mike.

the closest thing we have to a philly cheese steak in saudi arabia is the cheese steak burger from hardee's :/
For some reason this post stuck me as really funny :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Now I'm thinking about heading to Mama's this afternoon or evening for dinner....hmmmmm

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dude... Just yesterday me and the wifey where talking about how much we miss the philly cheese steaks. Havent had one in six years. We used to get some great ones at a shop called puglieses in Newark NJ. One of the things I miss the most from the USA. LOL

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
i have a very weak point for papa ginos steak and cheese. that's 1 of the 1st thing i eat each time i get to boston. not sure how it rates compared to the real philli cheese steak ...

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone down for lunch at Mama's Pizzeria next week? A little Philly L4P mini-meet?
Great idea!! Next week sucks for me though and the following week ill be in Puerto Rico. Possibly the next week?!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts