Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello L4P members, I have a question. I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this, but I have a idea and a few questions. I have a 2008 BMW 328xi, I love it, but I was wondering if it was possible to off road it. I currently do, but I want to lift it 4-6 inches and put bigger knobbier tires on it and actually go off-roading. I know this (I think) hasn't been done before, and I believe it would be a interesting project. My question is, would the BMW X3/X5 suspenison parts fit on it or would I have to go aftermarket. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw Personal luxury car

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nothing is impossible, if thats what you want to do you are going to need to do a lot of custom stuff.you could get x3/x5 suspension parts to work but like i said a lot of customization would need to be done its just not plug and play and you have an x3 with a 328 body. If you like offroading a lot i would suggest purchasing something else; if you want to be extremely different, and have a bunch of money to blow go for it. Crazier things have been turned into 4x4s before and i would say a 328 isnt some holy grail car that people should be getting their panties in a bunch over someone customizing to that extreme.

·
Registered
604 Posts
1. there is no aftermarket parts for that, and no the X3/X5 parts will not fit and even if they did would not give you 4-6 inchs of lift.
2. this is the dumbest thing i read on this forum this week.
3. BAN
Buy a truck.
This is probably why InvaderMoose is leaving the forum. Stop being assholes, he wasn't asking for your opinion. We're supposed to be a community here and you won't even help the guy out(aside from masterwhites first point). This guy has had an account since 2012, clearly he is a lurker and not 'just' a troll account.

·
Registered
344 Posts
1. there is no aftermarket parts for that, and no the X3/X5 parts will not fit and even if they did would not give you 4-6 inchs of lift.
2. this is the dumbest thing i read on this forum this week.
3. BAN
Well it is the dumbest Thing and such a waste of a car , but a Ban is not necessary :clap:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
This is probably why InvaderMoose is leaving the forum. Stop being assholes, he wasn't asking for your opinion. We're supposed to be a community here and you won't even help the guy out(aside from masterwhites first point). This guy has had an account since 2012, clearly he is a lurker and not 'just' a troll account.
this thread does have the reason why InvaderMoose is leaving but it has nothing to do with the comments, its the entire thread

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
fyi, people off road rally gt3's and 3 series.

going to be lots of welding and custom work but if you have the ability absolutely go for it. 3inches and a full thin aluminum undertray would be more than enough to have fun for anything but rock crawling or serious jumps. google up some e36 rally cars and get some ideas

·
Registered
993 Posts
what just happened???? My head hurts

·
Registered
142 Posts
the problem with posts like this, is the OP posts once, never (or very rarely) to be heard from again. The same thing happens on every forum I visit.

Just let it die.

But, in case they come back....just get a first gen X5 and rally it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've had a Jeep prior to this but when I moved to FL I sold it for something more daily drive-able, I know I can just go the Jeep route again but to me that's just too easy. This isn't supposed to be a troll thread, but if you want to interpret it as that then go ahead, I'm not going to change your opinion. I've been doing some searching, and went down to a local shop that does a lot of custom work. They said I'd probably have to get it custom done, and the X3/5 parts probably wouldn't do what I'm wanting to do.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
No it's actually you, and you've been an asshole to people on several different threads, this isn't the first one.

I am a realist, i am self made, I know what works in life and what is a waste of time. When people like you think I'm an asshole i take it as a compliment. Stick to flipping iPhones and i will continue to contribute to serious adult threads and hurting wannabe baller's feelings

Yours truly, Master White :clap:

·
Registered
700 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Are you being serious?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
fyi, people off road rally gt3's and 3 series.

going to be lots of welding and custom work but if you have the ability absolutely go for it. 3inches and a full thin aluminum undertray would be more than enough to have fun for anything but rock crawling or serious jumps. google up some e36 rally cars and get some ideas
Somewhat Understandable, but getting a lift kit?

That's surely not "Normal"

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.