Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a new, grey Agera arrived in the US?

I posted this picture a while back of a grey Agera at the NFS Shoot.

NFS6.jpg

We assumed it was the factory car that was modified in order for the film, but the picture caused some confusion...
However Shmee150 released some pictures on his facebook page from his factory visit a couple weeks back showing this grey Agera almost finished on the assembly line along with a gloss blue one.

agera 2.jpg agera.jpg

Anyone else has any information about the car?
It is highly likely that this is a US car since it was at the shoot for the NFS movie.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well, it makes sense.

If it is the US car though, it takes out the "US car wasnt ready" explanation of why Koenigsegg won't be at Pebble/Quail.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I actually think it suits the car perfect! Not my choice, but i like it.
I know that the owner of this 2009 CCXR is selling it to make room for an Agera R, I belive he lives in Naples, Florida so its possible that this car his heading there. Apparently he owns a few other Eggs. Only 1100 Miles on it so pretty much brand new car.
Does anybody know any other Ageras heading for the US?

ccxr2.jpg

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have no more info but to add what i previously mentioned about this car and that is that it had two different rear spoilers.. At first it was shoot with an extra high (?) "standard" Agera spoiler and then later with the new Agera air flex spoiler.

For the record i would like to say that i never thought it was the factory test car.. :)

And in another thread we spoke about this blue one in production.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the car with the other spoiler in order for the shoot that made made me belive it was the factory car that had recived modifications in order for the film, it was shoot in Atlanta.

ccxr.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is the car with the other spoiler in order for the shoot that made made me belive it was the factory car that had recived modifications in order for the film, it was shoot in Atlanta.
I got a chance to see and sit in this car when it was here in Atlanta. Just a plain Agera with Agera R side badges and Agera S wheels, it confused me at first until I noticed that all of the badging and stitching on the inside was for the plain Agera

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Note that the blue "wings" on the seats are in different shades on the two cars, one being marine blue and the other light blue, and i'm pretty sure its not the lighting.. Also note how the new car as clear carbonfibre on the air intakes in the front, the factory one doesn't.

It seems like one is the factory Agera that has recived an "R" update for the movie and that the other one is the new grey Agera R...
However the rear spoiler on the car with the "regular" spoiler looks really weird, and its possible that the clotch under it is to protect the holes for the dynamic spoiler.

However i belive that these two are different cars.

It is possible though that the new car wasn't at the shoot, the guy who posted the pic of the car on Koenigseggboard said so, but i can't find any other pictures of the car with the dynamic spoiler, and its weird since it was at a photoshoot with alot of people taking pictures of the cars

I'm not a member on the board so i can't ask him where he got it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I never saw the car you posted in person so I can't say for sure. All I saw was that one real car and 3 kit cars, which all looked decent from far away but once you got closer it was obvious that they were fake. One red with a black stripe, one identical to BC's old car, and one identical to the one I posted. A US representative for Koenigsegg was there driving the car and said it would leave the next day to go back to Sweden but the guy that took the night pic you posted said that it's still around here somewhere being kept in some garage.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That pretty much confirms that those are two different cars though.
Next question is, where is the new car? And where was that picture taken?

Any member on Koenigseggboard who can ask J_C where he got it from?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The CCXR with red accents was listed for sale on the Koenigsegg website, something to do with it being certified for sale. I just checked the website and it states that it is for sale because an Agera R is replacing it. Interesting that the website states that there are only 3 collections with more than one Koenigsegg. 1. Orlando CCXR Special Edition and CCXR, 2/ This CCXR and Trevita, 3. ????

·
Registered
628 Posts
As for the blue Agera which has been "in build" for the past few months, here's a more up-to-date picture...Looks like they're just doing the final tests on the car...

abidsj.jpg

·
Registered
220 Posts
Man a lot of people really like the blue/black combo... But I don't blame them. I think this new one, with the gloss blue and clear carbon striping, is going to look best.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'm confused about the grey Agera... again. However i think i got it right this time.. :clap: (thank's to J_C at koenigseggboard)

Video by dyredand • Instagram

It seems that there wasn't a new Agera afterall, and that it's infact #77 that has recived a complete R upgrade including the dynamic spoiler. For the shoot they removed the dynamic spoiler and simply glued on a "regular" Agera spoiler for the shoot. (I did say this in an earlier post.. ;) )

So there seems to be no new grey Agera (at least that we know of), wich is why we probally haven't seen any construction pictures until Shmee150 put up a picture of #77 along with the gloss blue that we had seen before. Since the entire car is disassembled in Shmees pictures I would assume that the R update is not just cosmetics, but all updated mechanics aswell including the new Öhlins suspension, Triplex, the new brakes, flexfuel conversion etc.

Now if #77 did recive a complete 2013 R spec upgrade on mechanics this would mean that we will most likely see Koenigsegg in the limelight again as they can now do testing any time with a 2013 spec R aswell as lending out an Agera R to media without having to loan a customer car like they have done before. Potential customers will also now be able to test drive a 2013 R.

Hopefully i got it right this time :lol:

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am more happy that the factory Agera recieved an "R" upgrade than I would be if there was a new grey Agera, because it must mean they updated it so they can have another media car for people to test (TOP GEAR GODDAMMIT) and such. It should help their PR a lot.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know that after Top Gear magazine drove the Agera in 2010 Koenigsegg got an invitation for the show and that they're definatly going for the record (coming from Christian himself :clap:)

Season 21??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love that Grey...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts