Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I don't think you will find much Ettinger ownership here. L4P playas are def into branding and secondly this is some Brit thing that I had never heard about stateside and I am totally into wallets and all accessories.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Everyone's need is different I guess.

I have a money clip that holds cash and cards, so I keep a few Ccs, my DL and clip the cash.

My business cards are in my briefcase and my health insurance card I don't bring around with me everywhere, just when I need it.
Frequent flyer and hotel cards go in briefcase as well since I usually have it when traveling.

If you don't have a need for a wallet, then I find that very strange. You should always have a credit and debit card on you, cash, your ID (its the law) I am sure some sort of business card, or multiple; your student ID if you have one, Insurance for your car/health, time card for work, etc.

I have a Tumi, but I really like the Ferragamo.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Everyone's need is different I guess.

I have a money clip that holds cash and cards, so I keep a few Ccs, my DL and clip the cash.

My business cards are in my briefcase and my health insurance card I don't bring around with me everywhere, just when I need it.
Frequent flyer and hotel cards go in briefcase as well since I usually have it when traveling.
well if you carry a briefcase there is no need for a wallet. I would say 95%+ of people on this forum don't carry them.

·
Bronze Sponsor
137 Posts
I recently visited Ettinger and had a nice chat with the owner, very high quality, Royal warrant, and they provide leather 'accessories' to Bentley.

As said before it's a 'Brit' thing!

I would and have bought Ettinger.......

·
Banned
3,230 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
I also HATE giant bulging wallets... it is ridiculous when I see friends pull out their wallet that is 2inches thick and jammed full of stuff that has no business being with them on a daily basis.

However... on the flip side... i tried using JUST a clip, and there were a few downfalls for me that made me go back to using a wallet.

1. Statistically, I pull cash out of my pocket probably 5x more often then I need to pull out something important like my ID. If you keep your ID clipped with your cash, then everytime you pull cash out, it is another chance to drop or lose your ID, as plastic cards all clipped together have a habit of slipping out of a clip.
2. I noticed my cards and ids get scratched up, worn out, bent etc much faster when not in a wallet. not a huge deal, but it is a fact. In a wallet, the cards stay protected better, and also more organized.
3. I always remember a quote from an old mobster movie or tv show I heard growing up.... "A real wiseguy does not keep his cash in his wallet"... the concept being that you keep important things separate in case you are held up. If you are held up, you can toss your wad of cash, without the hassle of losing your ID, credit cards, etc.

My solution was to only use a super-thin wallet, and ONLY carry things I use weekly. I went through my wallet, and used a simple rule. If you have not used that item within the past week, it does not deserve to be there.

So I keep things separate, and it works out very well.

Cash = Moneyclip

ID, CC, Concealed carry permit = thin mini wallet, less than 1cm thick even with everything in it.
I disagree. I use my insurance card and blood donor card rarely, but I want those things to be in there.

·
Registered
721 Posts
As for the wallet thing, I have Tumi Monaco and it's nice. I don't really think about it a whole lot honestly.

The money clip thing intrigues me. Do you put it in the pocket with your keys or with your cell phone? I'd rather not have bulging pockets with a money clip. Not trolling...just thinking it would be too much junk in your pockets.

Like this:

http://www.zappos.com/tumi-sierra-money-clip-card-case-black

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I do have lots of wallets, but 96% of the time I use a High Roller M-Clip. It most likely can only be ordered from M-Clip, because after all, it's The High Roller.

·
Banned
3,230 Posts
Didn't know men could be offended by vaginas.

You want a sandwich or something?
Offended? Lol.

No. Just weird that you carry a wallet that looks like a Vagina.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts