Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A-16, one of our favorite go-to places in SF... the food is inspired by the Campania region of Italy, and in my opinion has one of the best pizza's this side of Naples. The wine list is extensive and impressive, w/ a focus on small producers from Southern Italy and California.

Welcome to A16 Restaurant, San Francisco

Located on Chestnut Street in San Francisco, they take reservations, but also fun to just walk up and eat at the bar overlooking the kitchen and wood-fired pizza oven (which we did this night).

Sitting at the bar...

Our light red selection for the evening...

So many choices...

Peach and arugula salad...

The wood-burning oven...

Pizza bianco w/ olives...

My favorite, the Margarita...

Get some!

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Oh boy those pizzas remind me of the first time I had pizza in Italy, A-16 wow, interesting name and memorable, I Like.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh boy those pizzas remind me of the first time I had pizza in Italy, A-16 wow, interesting name and memorable, I Like.
Yes, the name A-16 refers to the Autostrada that cuts thru Campania, the restaurant's regional culinary focus.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm glad you posted this. I ate at A-16 last April on my way back from LA with a friend. We stopped in late, and had a wonderful meal accompanied by great wine and a very attractive waitress. Despite all the fun we had in LA, that meal still sticks out in my mind, it was such a contrast from the college kids road trip and partying in LA the week prior.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
The peach/arugula salad and margarita pizza look very good. Were the peaches ripe and flavorful?
:)
it's Aug/Sep in California - of course they were :) A16 is the epitome of the kind of restaurant SF is known for - simple, excellent ingredients, and careful preparation.

i haven't had the pizzas - i think i need to try!

- chuck

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's Aug/Sep in California - of course they were :) A16 is the epitome of the kind of restaurant SF is known for - simple, excellent ingredients, and careful preparation.

i haven't had the pizzas - i think i need to try!

- chuck
Chuck, as you know the food here is great... but I always break down and get the pizzas! Reminds me the most of a true Neapolitan pie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts