Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to add some power to my daily and want approx. 500 hp. i know its possible, ive seen and driven a 1er with 513hp. any idea which mods i should do? first mods? any mods to avoid? stuff like that. thanks in advance for help!

·
Registered
5,540 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JB4 is cheaper and it has adjustable maps. Dinan is a bit expensive for what you're getting. thanks anyway!

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's not as straightforward as you'd think. You'll probably need forged internals to run that much on a regular basis. You don't want to blow a hole in your block and be left with a useless e93. haha. Then swap out the turbos and get a much stronger clutch. Have it custom tuned on a dyno. You can likely go higher than 500 on this setup with no issues.

I personally wouldn't recommend this route however, since at the end of the day you'll spend a ton and still won't have an ///M car. You'll also never get a penny out of your mods on resale. My best advice is to get an e46 M3 and go FI on it. You can put down a reliable 600 whp for similar money and be able to talk about owning an M3.

Can't wait to see where this goes!

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
( x 500 ) + = 500whp

Seems pretty simple if you own a large ranch :bow1:
lol^^

The JB4 is a wonderful thing, i can switch maps between stock which with supporting mods would be around 350whp and for a quick blast down the interstate or if i run into a C63 i can switch to map 7 which if im correct is 17psi and that could give you anwhere in the ballpark of 450-500whp. I WILL NOT BE RUNNING FULL BOOST ALL THE TIME so i wont worry as much with wear and tear. after 500hp gets boring i might look into a G-Power M6 or M5

·
14,490 Posts
500hp on a stock turbo is not going to happen. Could probably get 415ish with stock turbo though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
500hp on a stock turbo is not going to happen. Could probably get 415ish with stock turbo though.
What he said. I think the highest I've seen in real life has been between 380 and 390 to the wheels, no corrections on a good day on a 335i. you definately need something more to get anywhere near 500.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was thinking Cobb and i am impressed with what Cobb has done but JB4 has easily adjustable maps, theres intrusctional videos on YouTube on how to map swith. thats what won me over Cobb. other than that, upgraded turbos and bolt ons are planned. i was planning on running 100 oct versus meth but is meth the better way to go?

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and btw ive seen 463whp on stock turbos but as expected they blew off a turbine blade -_- which is why Rob Beck upgraded turbos are a planned modification

·
Gold Sponsor
3,967 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
looking for 500whp not 500bhp ;) but thanks anyway, im planning on Horsepower Freaks parts and HPF exhaust as well as a JB4 system. as of today, i have figured out my modifications...

Injen intake
RB upgraded turbos
Big Tom intercooler w/ custom fabricated piping
Tial BOV
ER intake manifold (made to order)
3" catless DP's
HPF exhaust w/ titanium tips
JB4
Meth injection
Dinan oil cooler
Dinan oil catch can
DCT from M3

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yup... N54's are very strong, there is one that has been running 538whp for a whole year with no issues... the N55 however is a lot weaker due to UNforged internals.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts