Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might get flamed for this but who here has a 997 Turbo S? and is it the most insane car you have driven? I'm sorry for the stupid question but I just watched some videos on it and I can't believe the stats.

·
Banned
8,211 Posts
I have a 996 turbo S and it's one of the most amazing cars I've ever driven. The 1st being a Carrera GT. There is really nothing the car can't do, it's great on the track and reliability of a daily driver. I'm a Porsche guy so I'm biased but until another company comes out with a supercar that you can drive 30k miles a year I'm sticking with Porsche. Believe the numbers and then some since Porsche is notorious for being very conservative with what they state.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Might get flamed for this but who here has a 997 Turbo S? and is it the most insane car you have driven? I'm sorry for the stupid question but I just watched some videos on it and I can't believe the stats.
Yup car is so fast it's crazy... the one that beat the ZR1 in 1/4 mile was just a regular turbo and stick..lol

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
its a stupid fast car!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
so I looked up some stats because this thread made me curious. Porsche FTW, Fastlane is right. I'm also a believer that a Sports Car should be a balanced driver's car, and Porsche is one of the only companies that can offer a total package.

(25mpg, 530HP, 516lb-ft, 7-speed)

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
I buddy of mine has one, had it for awhile now... insane, head back in the seat, eyeballs in the back of your skull acceleration. This is for a street car with street tires.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
^ sick car.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Turbo S is the stuff....There are fancier, flashier, but not many faster and none that are faster are as reliable and any of those that are faster will burn a clutch just trying to keep up on the way to work after a track day.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
i got to drive one at a dealer. i just walked in for a job and walked out with a smile you couldn't beat off my face.

it's quick, yet smooth enough for daily use as fastlane stated.

quick enough, that the 7spd pdk is the only trans availible b/c Porsche doesn't think a human can react and shift quick enough b4 hitting redline in 1st. it autoshift outta 1st on hard launches.

they're insane. i'll never have one though, i'm not a paddle shifter kinda person. plus i've seen fastlanes in person, his is 5yrs old, and still insane...but not stock. looks it though

·
Registered
123 Posts
My partner has a new 997 Turbo S. It's easily the fastest car 0-60 I've ever driven.

Like, suck your eyeballs into the back of your head fast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
997 Turbo S Log

Ordered her yellowness March 2010. Order was supposed to be a tribute to 1992 964 Turbo S so I ordered two tone interior in black & yellow inlays. All interior black leather with yellow stitching, yellow belts, yellow dials & chrono and yellow leather surround on mats. Alum standard trim with handbrake in alum with deviating yellow stitching. Carbon door sills.

Received her yellowness on 9 Nov from agency. Beautiful speed yellow, first class interior finish and drives like a dream in traffic. PDK is fast and reads my mind in traffic. Break in will be for 3000 Km. I drive it upto 4000 rpm only. Switched on Sport only twice briefly and the engine note changes to turbo grunt symphony deep on bass. In regular mode it tries to get to 7th gear asap but with sport it is just a pure racer! Wonder what it does on sport plus? Ride is excellent and steering feel and accuracy is like no other! You feel the road with hands & butt! Tyre noise is drowned by engine noise which is great even in this sealed coupe! Wow!! Will do launch control as soon as I drive past break in 3000 km.

Will keep all above well wishers posted! Thanks guys for all the enthusiasm! There is no alternative!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts