Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

One step closer to building the ultimate driver's 996TT. Here's a quick teaser from last week

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
?

996 Turbos are one of the most bullitproof sports cars ever
I'm with you. I spent 3 months finding the perfect car that has been anally maintained. One of the few where the front diff has not been reduced to dead weight. The wheels just went on this weekend, and I decided to plastidip the from lip matte black

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Z06Vette, gorgeous 996! How did you go about testing the front diff before you bought it? Did you bring it to a reputable shop?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Z06Vette, gorgeous 996! How did you go about testing the front diff before you bought it? Did you bring it to a reputable shop?
Thanks man!

It was a combination of things before I bought it: records indicating regular fluid changes on the diff, PPI done by my indy Porsche shop. After I bought the car it went on an AWD dyno and saw the front spin as it should

Reactions: Pushn'lbs

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Excellent color and beautiful 996TT!

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I'm very happy for you, please, don't mistake that. May you have many adventures in your turbo

?

996 Turbos are one of the most bullitproof sports cars ever
Mine was not, and I'd never agree to any Porsche after a 993 as being bullet proof. I tore mine up constantly, and I made the CEL light pop-up way too often. I made money selling it, so I was thankful for that. I did have a new diff., which is why the guy sold it to me, because he was upset about that. I had a PPI and all records from Jim Ellis Porsche as well. Heck, it was still under warranty.

I abuse cars to most - I drive them at the fullest. I can't DD a sports/super/rally car, because of the aforementioned statement.

Reality: Track Day - in between sessions, I sit in my chair, sip water, and snicker at every Porsche guy tinkering on their car. 996 GT3s stock seem to have zero issues though - at least at track day.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It really is on a car by car basis. The 996TTs with the GT1 block seem to be holding up much better than the older models.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I like it. You'll enjoy it. Congrats and best wishes for the best Porsche experience possible. Hope to follow you some day. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts