Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine is looking at getting something fun again. His budget is $125k but would consider spending more for the right car. I'm trying to convince him to spend a little more for the GT3 but, for the money, I'm finding it hard to argue against the F-type R.

Personally, I feel resale value alone (traditionally) for the GT3 would be enough to make the case for the Porsche but wanted to get some opinions from any of you that may have more intimate experience with either of these machines.

In light of the engine recall on the GT3, do you guys feel resale value will still be as strong as it has been in the past for the GT cars? Are there any issues with the GT3 that would make you apprehensive to the idea of driving one on a daily basis? Is there a significant cost disparity for maintenance between these two cars?

The simple economics of it are making the Jaguar very attractive up front but I'm curious if after 2-3 years he won't be wishing he had shelled out the extra cash for a GT3.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I don't even see how you can compare the two...if you want a nicely equipped fun to drive car the Jag is great bang for the buck (although some may argue that) If you want a weekend track car then go with the GT3 apples and oranges IMHO

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
^^ +1
Two different cars, GT3 is a purposely build track machine raw, loud and fast, jag on the other hand is more of a gt car.
To answer ur question if money is not the issue GT3 all the way!

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you are ever going to go the track, then the gt3. If you are not a track guy and just enjoy a spirited sunday drive, then the gt3. If you want a car to drive to work everyday, and valet at the local steakhouse then get the Jag. :)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
even if he didn't mind paying the $150k and up price on a GT3, getting an allocation is near impossible unless he's willing to pay over MSRP or he wants a fully optioned one for around $180k

·
Registered
848 Posts
Aston FTW.

But seeing as that's not one of the original choices, I'm going to have to go with the Jag, but like others have said, if he's into track days then the GT3 for sure,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts