Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '97 Supra turbo and I'm trying to figure out what it might be worth. It is red with a charcoal gut, has the anniversary edition option and all that comes with that. It is an automatic, with I think, 24K miles on it, could have rolled over to 25K, can't remember.

It was my dads last toy, he purchased it with 11K from a retired bank president and sold it because he had trouble getting in and out of it, my dad was in his seventies when he purchased it so I doubt the car has been abused in any way.

The car has new tires but I would suspect that anyone that buys the car will re-rim it, there are a few scratches here and there but it shows quite well.

I've had it sitting in climate controlled storage since '05, starting it and running it occasionally. I'm hesitant to part with it but it makes no sense keeping such an awesome car idle.

There are no mods that have been made to this car, it is bone stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
^ This, or hold and let the value go up.

Last I saw, they were running in the low 20's but that was a few years ago. Checked KBB yet?

·
Registered
553 Posts
97 turbo ones are vary from 25k to 70k
but urs i guess it will ball in 30 ish range

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
To the right person it could be worth some good dough. Either someone wanting a low mile car to build a ridiculous set up or keep it stock and sit on it.

Tough call, if you aren't using it it's kind of a shame but I think the value will climb a bit.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I would easily agree with the judge, 35-40k. I think a lot more people would look for a stick, though that's an easy fix. Someone around here had a mint white one and he was asking 50k for it and had more miles not many more but more. Pretty sure he got damn close to it, his was stick and also untouched.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This seems to be the problem, the prices range from 30-50. I've sat on the car now for nine years and not sure if it makes sense to keep doing it. I have other cars I'd rather drive and the only reason I'm asking is that a fellow member said he was searching for one and I PMed him. It seems the 43,500 I told him was too much for him. Just trying to figure out if it was just too much for him or the market.

Thank you for all the replies.

It really is a great car, even with an auto. Kind of a shame for it to sit but then again in twenty years from now when I might be dead it could be worth a 100k :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
id say swap to a 6spd. either way you might enjoy it more and automatic supra's just dont send the same tickle for enthusiasts.

·
Registered
469 Posts
43.5k is nothing!

·
Registered
386 Posts
switching to manual would kill the resale value mostly because the car would no longer be original, that and you'd need documented proof from a reputable shop showing it was done right.... work by a reputable shop doesnt come cheap either, just play the card you were dealt and sell it as a low mileage, stock automatic TT supra

·
Registered
739 Posts
^+1

OP, KEEP IT....it is not just a car it is an icon that speaks volumes, and you own an unmolested cherry of one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts