Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, Josh (Supercar Ace) over on M3F puts together a 818/Woodland Hills dinner meet every few weeks. It's always a good time (hell, I drive up from Long Beach) and even though it's been an BMW meet, all auto enthusiasts are welcome! Since I've recently had the pleasure of meeting some of the L4P community, I would like to extend the invitation.

UPDATE -- UPDATE -- UPDATE(01/04/2011)

The next meet is Thursday, January 6th 2011. Here are the details:

Supercar Ace said:
Thursday Jan 6, 8pm. Location: Topanga Westfield North/East Lot (Ewrin&Owensmouth)

Happy 2011 Everyone!!!

Meet here at 8pm, then we can cruise out for dinner at 8:20pm.

Dinner Location: Manna Korean BBQ (Culver City)

Time for Korean BBQ! Come hungry! Checkout the website for more info: http://www.mannakoreanbbq.com/cc_menu_index.html

Most people know where the meeting spot is and it's easily accessible with plenty of space. I will park close by the North/East entrance on Erwin.

Meet here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Owensmouth+Ave+%26+Erwin+St,+Woodland+Hills,+Los+Angeles,+California+91367&daddr=21844+Erwin+Street,+Woodland+Hills,+CA&geocode=Fb2WCQIdyEju-CmvanveH5zCgDGE7elDGHVMVw%3BFaiWCQIduEDu-CnzEqprIJzCgDGRkxPQe_DN4g&gl=us&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=34.182845,-118.60256&sspn=0.001089,0.002626&ie=UTF8&ll=34.182643,-118.600888&spn=0.004358,0.010504&z=17

Destination: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=6600+S+Sepulveda+Blvd,+Los+Angeles,+California+90045+(Manna+Korean+Cuisine)&hl=en&geocode=FfuUBgIdxm_x-CFoPB9t3NzyCg&mra=mr&sll=34.000447,-118.392277&sspn=0.069876,0.168056&ie=UTF8&ll=33.986908,-118.396161&spn=0.008736,0.021007&z=16&iwloc=ddw1

The plan:
1. Meet up
2. Responsible cruising to dinner spot, Manna Korean BBQ
3. Eating and good times!
4. Responsible roll out
5. Plan the next outing!

If anyone wants to just meet us directly there, then please do the more the merrier! Spread the word all auto enthusiasts are welcome!
(( original post ))

Hope to see some of ya!

·
14,490 Posts
man.. Thursdays... lol. But like I said I'll see if I can roll with you guys just for a few hours. I haven't seen Ace for a long ass time.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I know Josh & I know that sushi place, it's near my house & it's great. But I'm not following some things, you are meeting at the mall in WH first, then driving to Encino?

·
14,490 Posts
I know Josh & I know that sushi place, it's near my house & it's great. But I'm not following some things, you are meeting at the mall in WH first, then driving to Encino?
yeah that meet at the Mall first then drive together to go eat.

·
Registered
265 Posts
ugh why midori?? I dont know if you guys have heard of it but down the street theres an all you can eat just like midori called Tokyo Ice, its a hidden secret and its way way way better quality than midori and you can actually get an order of sashimi!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
ugh why midori?? I dont know if you guys have heard of it but down the street theres an all you can eat just like midori called Tokyo Ice, its a hidden secret and its way way way better quality than midori and you can actually get an order of sashimi!
I have never heard of it, but I'd check it out sometime, if it's good AYCE & they do sashimi too, I'll try it. Do they do a bunch of appetizers too like Midori?

·
Registered
265 Posts
they do every kind of appitizer you can imagine, every kind of roll you can imagine, basically it puts midori to shame

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the driving around, it's kinda fun... but one can go directly to the restaurant instead of WH first.

Interesting - thanks for the heads up. Being from out of town, I know nothing of the eateries and just go along for the fun and conversation. However, I'll mention Tokyo Ice, if not for this meet then for a future one!

·
Registered
265 Posts
is this dinner still going down?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
is this dinner still going down?
Yessir! Tonight! 8pm meeting at the Westfield Promenade, then driving to Midori around 8:20 or so (we usually stand around and talk for a bit). See the link in the first post for the meeting location (North East corner of the area). Of course, you can also meet at the dinner location, we will probably arrive around 8:30, perhaps a little later.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pictures from 16 December 2010 Meet

Thanks to everyone that came out! Here's a few snaps from the evening. See ya next time!

(( click any picture to get larger versions @ flickr ))

^^ From the short post-dinner drive

Enjoy. I just realized that every single picture I posted was taken from a similar angle. I'll have work on that next time :resent:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

·
14,490 Posts
^^
Looks like you guys had a good time. Sorry I didn't make it but I had to sleep at 8pm lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey everyone! Josh has posted details on the next meet... here they are. I won't be able to make it because I'm still in Georgia, but I hope some of you can meet up with everyone. I'll be back for the following meet :)

Supercar Ace said:
Thursday Jan 6, 8pm. Location: Topanga Westfield North/East Lot (Ewrin&Owensmouth)

Happy 2011 Everyone!!!

Meet here at 8pm, then we can cruise out for dinner at 8:20pm.

Dinner Location: Manna Korean BBQ (Culver City)

Time for Korean BBQ! Come hungry! Checkout the website for more info: Manna Korean BBQ

Most people know where the meeting spot is and it's easily accessible with plenty of space. I will park close by the North/East entrance on Erwin.

Meet here: Owensmouth Ave & Erwin St, San Fernando Valley, CA 91367 to 21844 Erwin St, San Fernando Valley, CA 91367 - Google Maps

Destination: Manna Korean Cuisine - Google Maps

The plan:
1. Meet up
2. Responsible cruising to dinner spot, Manna Korean BBQ
3. Eating and good times!
4. Responsible roll out
5. Plan the next outing!

If anyone wants to just meet us directly there, then please do the more the merrier! Spread the word all auto enthusiasts are welcome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts