Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics of my 66' Chevelle. I recently replaced the entire suspension. It was always fun to drive but now I can take corners too. . . :D

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
I cant tell you how much I love chevelles!
This is one beautiful example! Please upload a soundfile!

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Always been a fan of 70's but this looks great, awesome color, along with the 396... Saw some of these at Woodward but none in this good of shape. Any engine mods? How'd you rework the suspension? Always fun to see the older cars bending corners.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Always been a fan of 70's but this looks great, awesome color, along with the 396... Saw some of these at Woodward but none in this good of shape. Any engine mods? How'd you rework the suspension? Always fun to see the older cars bending corners.
haha I just noticed that your in ann arbor haha I spent my best years as a kid there, thats awesome.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beautiful Chevelle! Bet it sounds amazing with that 396!
I cant tell you how much I love chevelles!
This is one beautiful example! Please upload a soundfile!
gorgeous!!!!
What a gorgeous beast!
sick chevelle.. i want that same body style.

Thank you all very much for the nice comments!!! It's sorta false advertisement, it actually has a 454. I just never changed the emblems. I will gladly fire it and record a sound clip.

·
Registered
351 Posts
details on suspension work? in the future i want to pick up another first gen camaro and semi-retro mod it.. keep the crate engine carbed/generation proper etc, but work up the suspension for road racing. there's no way i'd put the knife to my numbers matching Z.. lol. looking forward to hearing the 454 scream.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks!!! I was looking at your pics from Woodward a little earlier. Even with the rain, that show looked badass. You took some great shots too!!

It has a bored out 454 (461ci) with World Merlin Heads, an aggressive cam, 750DP Holley, and Hooker Headers. As far as the suspension, it has new front and rear 1" lowering springs, front and rear swaybars, upper and lower A-arms, upper and lower control arms, and Bilstein shocks on all four corners.

Since you like the 70's body style, here's a couple pics of mine that I beefed up the suspension on last year.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
great chevelles man. i love how the older one has heavy mods but looks period-correct, very clean

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a sound clip but it sucks!! The car is so loud that it muffles out the speakers and sounds like crap.
I'll try to get a better one tomorrow when the weather clears up.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Yeah that video doesnt do the sound any justice.
But thanks anyways.

BTW: That engine bay is CLEAN!
I love it.

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Thanks!!! I was looking at your pics from Woodward a little earlier. Even with the rain, that show looked badass. You took some great shots too!!

It has a bored out 454 (461ci) with World Merlin Heads, an aggressive cam, 750DP Holley, and Hooker Headers. As far as the suspension, it has new front and rear 1" lowering springs, front and rear swaybars, upper and lower A-arms, upper and lower control arms, and Bilstein shocks on all four corners.

Since you like the 70's body style, here's a couple pics of mine that I beefed up the suspension on last year.
Is the 70' in the Avy a different one or has this been worked one more then once? The engine bay on that 454 looks real clean and simple. A blower would always be a nice addition though. Although, there isnt a modest blower, it takes it from classy to radical. And no one likes prochargers on these bad boys. Either way, great collection, really loving it. Thanks for sharing. Glad you enjoyed the pictures I took at Woodward, it's always a great show.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
very gorgeous cars.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts