Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any good, not over the top hotels in the 5th ave/ central park area hotels? My girlfriend wants to spend 1 or 2 nights and get some shopping done around Christmas.

I was looking at the Plaza but seems pretty steep, anyone have any good recommendations?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
What's your def of not 'over the top'? There's a whole bunch there around 59th. Nikko, St. Regis. Both $$$, but obviously very nice.
Closer you are to that area (5th Ave, Central Park), expect to pay more.
Nothing is too far in Manhattan. Few blocks away, easy walking distance are many others more 'affordable' places.

BTW, didn't the Plaza go condo and is not a 'hotel' anymore?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I meant nothing more than 500 a night.
I believe the plaza is still a hotel, maybe I checked the wrong website.

I will look into your suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
dude, ny in december is tough. i'm going at the beginning of the month and it seems like the rates are 50% higher than normal rack rate. i planned on staying at the plaza or trump but they're not budging on rates. ended up staying at ritz carlton battery park instead of paying $1k/nt.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dude, ny in december is tough. i'm going at the beginning of the month and it seems like the rates are 50% higher than normal rack rate. i planned on staying at the plaza or trump but they're not budging on rates. ended up staying at ritz carlton battery park instead of paying $1k/nt.
Yea it def is. I am in philly so I go out to NYC for day trips quite often and even then during the holiday season the city is EXTREMELY busy. I can only imagine the premiums they charge for some hotels!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts