Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Using a sports car like the SLS AMG as a basis for the design of your cigarette powerboat is a great way to match the AMG elements. Coming in at 46 feet in length, this Cigarette Racing custom Rider is powered by a pair of 552-cubic inch, 1,350 horsepower twin-turbocharged Mercury Racing engines. The net result of the 2,700 horsepower total output is a top speed in excess of 130 miles per hour, on the water!

Read more & see 8 more high-res pictures!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Awesome, I love it.

120mph on water is pretty fast you know.
I wouldn't feel comfortable at that speed :laugh:
It is fast, but it's not 2700hp fast. That should be a 150+mph boat.

Big cats with Sterling 1550's run in the high 180 range.

·
5,744 Posts
Ara's Eliminator ran 90mph out at Havasu without breaking a sweat, and he was I think on a 900p tune, on his twin supercharged motor(Capable of I think 1200hp). 130mph definitely seems underrated.

Still rather have a Cat in the driveway.

-Markus-

·
Registered
3,911 Posts

Let's not compare a cat to a vee....two completely different kind of boats. Look what it takes to get a vee over 150.....not too many of them. Record is not too far off from there....I think at 171 or so in a Fountain.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Um, ya, the boat is a FULLY decked-out cabin V thats 46' long! lol

Plus the boats still getting dialed in and those are the first set of 1350 mercs running, theyre still workin on them..

Cat Killer's record is based on a full stagger carbon fiber canopied racehull running 1550's too..

I was there for the unveiling last year and it was a very impressive boat, VERY...

·
Registered
593 Posts
150 ! Really !

lol, a cats versus V's comparision...OYE !

Do you have any idea how much a pleasure version 46 Cigarette weighs ?
Outerlimits makes similar sized V's, they weigh less than what this Cig weighs and they run similar speeds with this power range.

Reggie Fountains fastest stripped down RACE BOAT with big power is feather light and has run 170 ish, in controlled conditions. A trivia tidbit about this boat : He made the mistake of calling it Cat Killer and when lined up with some of the fastest cats in the United States on a poker run, went home with his tail between his legs.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I ran 130 in a 4 seat supercat.. engine was loud as hell so we did a flyby about 20 feet from the beached boats, sure as shit woke everyone up it sounds like a dragster

1 - 13 of 13 Posts