Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have driven both, which was is more raw?

I want something that is very on edge, and almost makes me feel uneasy. I guess a Viper could do this, but i've never had the chance to drive either of these. Opinions?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Gallardos are easy to drive. 458 is definitely more raw, although neither of them are that raw to begin with.

Have you considered a Scuderia?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
How about a 2006+ "regular" F430?

It was surprisingly easy to drive (most modern performance cars) but had enough "rawness" for me that I wouldn't take it lightly. You still got to respect it.

Only thing is the interior is quite dated.

·
Registered
641 Posts
For those of you who have driven both, which was is more raw?

I want something that is very on edge, and almost makes me feel uneasy. I guess a Viper could do this, but i've never had the chance to drive either of these. Opinions?
Neither. My 458 feels like a gokart and low to the ground, almost like being right over the road. But it is a better daily driver than my Carrera s. Even in race mode all the time, if I hit uneven roads I switch to bumpy road setting and it's very comfortable. The electric seats coddle the driver and the interior is modern and comfortable. The LP560-4 can also be a great daily aside from the awd which I don't find as sporty as rwd and compromised rear visibility. The interior is Audi-like which means great for daily use.

Sounds like you want a CS, scud, 16m, gt3, cayman r, superleggera experience. I would look elsewhere than a standard 458 or lp560-4.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
What you need is a viper. The 458 and 560 are not what you are looking for if you want something that makes you feel uneasy and on edge.
Diablo might also interest you.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I would suggest Viper as well for a raw, wants to kill you feeling. For a more refined tool for pushing the limits I would go Porsche GT3

·
Registered
861 Posts
If you compare the Gallardo to the 458, the Gallardo is more raw - go with the Supertrofeo Stradale if you want Lambo's RAWNESS.
Ferrari - the Speciale?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly i somewhat have my mind set on the bull.

Is the supertrofeo really much different than the regular one? Also, the SL Bull, much different? From what I've read, no.. I'll try and do some more digging.

The GT3 is nice, but most porsches look the same, and that's a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I may be the outlier here but...ZR1. That $*it will kill ya...

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Isn't OP like 17, as mentioned in a previous thread?
Negative. I'm 23.

Even if I was 17, were you going to ride my balls asking where/how I got the money? Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

ZR1/z06's are animals, that is a good choice as well. But i want something that has the looks as well, the vette's are indeed nice, but at the same time they are plentiful.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Par for the course. I just want someone to explain to me what's so difficult about taking test drives.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Par for the course. I just want someone to explain to me what's so difficult about taking test drives.
I normally say this in any thread like this but people jump down my throat about it. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on a car, the only way to truly know you'll like it is if you drive it yourself.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I normally say this in any thread like this but people jump down my throat about it. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on a car, the only way to truly know you'll like it is if you drive it yourself.
Agreed, and if your mind is set on a G, just find a dealer that has a sl and sts, try them both and pick one right there

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Scud.

Sent from my CGT

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a STS currently with a Huracan on order. The STS or regular 570 Superleggera and 2008 Superleggera's are all in my opinion significantly more raw than the 458's that I've driven. 458 is easily a daily driver if you want it to be, very comfortable, more leg room, and smoother with the dual clutch. All great cars, but if rawness is what you want, go Lambo all day unless your considering the 430 Scuderia or 458 Speciale.

·
Registered
861 Posts
AGREED!

I have a STS currently with a Huracan on order. The STS or regular 570 Superleggera and 2008 Superleggera's are all in my opinion significantly more raw than the 458's that I've driven. 458 is easily a daily driver if you want it to be, very comfortable, more leg room, and smoother with the dual clutch. All great cars, but if rawness is what you want, go Lambo all day unless your considering the 430 Scuderia or 458 Speciale.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I can't really say to much about this; besides driving a 1st gen gallardo.
However you might want to look at the sls. That car is an animal and very easy to get tail happy! ;)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't really say to much about this; besides driving a 1st gen gallardo.
However you might want to look at the sls. That car is an animal and very easy to get tail happy! ;)

I would never drop 100k on merc. I don't car what it is. That's supercar territory. And while the SLS may have the potential, i still look at it as as Merc.

I was at the dealer yesterday and they had a SL65 for a sticker price of 224k. I found that insanely absurd.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts