Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come I've seen prices drop on a 16m from 359,999 to 299,999

&

scuderia coupe from 279,999 to 219,999 USD.

is it because of the new 458, decreased demand, economy, what is going on?

P.S. For those who already own a F430. If you could purchase a Scuderia with 2K miles for $199,999 cash would you do it? What would my estimated service costs and potential repair costs I would need in cash to maintain such a vehicle if I put 10k miles the first year?

Thanks !

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
All the factors you listed contribute to the decrease in price on the Scud missiles. However, Ferraris generally hold their value pretty well due to controlled production.

When a new model/successor is introduced people (especially in the exotic market) want to have the latest and greatest, so they will put their cars up for sale to get on the wagon, and an increase in vehicles in the market will contribute to this.

The economy and decreased demand tie together in the sense that when there isn't widespread prosperity, there isn't a large demand like their used to be for high $ cars. Financing is getting harder and harder for people to get, and unless you have cash in hand, it is really hard to get a loan or a fair one at that. With the tanked economy and the fact that many are expecting another dip in the recession, cash in hand buyers decrease due to lack of funds or they feel the needs to spend on other things.

However, if you can sling the cash, this is the best time to buy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. It seems like it is a great time to buy. We will know more about the future of our economy once the Nov. elections pass ;)

What about maintenance costs for actually driving the missile, instead of her sitting as a garage queen?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eleventy million and no more warranty according to FSV
my car is worth 7$
Haha. :D Really though, you would be the best person to give advice on such a vehicle, sorry, missile. What is your mileage at? Have you run into any unexpected costs or problems at this mileage?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
eleventy million and no more warranty according to FSV
my car is worth 7$
If you want ill give you $14... thats double the value... PM me :whistle:

·
Extra Mustard
16,977 Posts
Fixed that for you..
no
. . . in all seriousness Blake NWAS just did something??? (magic)
and i drove the car today, when i saw it parked on the street as i walked toward the car it was fvcking "glowing"
:D
dont even think he did very much paint correction, just a lil Swissvax

·
Registered
163 Posts
Great points.
Isn't MSRP on a 458 the same or less than the SCUD?
More power + lower cost = SCUDS are gonna drop

All the factors you listed contribute to the decrease in price on the Scud missiles. However, Ferraris generally hold their value pretty well due to controlled production.

When a new model/successor is introduced people (especially in the exotic market) want to have the latest and greatest, so they will put their cars up for sale to get on the wagon, and an increase in vehicles in the market will contribute to this.

The economy and decreased demand tie together in the sense that when there isn't widespread prosperity, there isn't a large demand like their used to be for high $ cars. Financing is getting harder and harder for people to get, and unless you have cash in hand, it is really hard to get a loan or a fair one at that. With the tanked economy and the fact that many are expecting another dip in the recession, cash in hand buyers decrease due to lack of funds or they feel the needs to spend on other things.

However, if you can sling the cash, this is the best time to buy.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Knick is a true driver! With that being said, he also takes very good care of his rides and has a great mechanic.
Have also seen it in person..

Drives and respects the power of his car.

Such a beautiful color it is too................

1 - 20 of 20 Posts