Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was with a few people today that all love and race cars, and one of them was very strongly opinionated that the 458 was the complete king, and was better in every single way. That the 430 isn't even a supercar anymore.

I wanted to slap him.

I think the 430 is better looking, and is more of a drivers car.

What are your thought?

·
Registered
591 Posts
My opinion, for my tastes:

Speaking strictly to appearance / image...430 Scud > 458 > 430. I haven't driven any of them so I can't talk about performance other than paper stats.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
The 458 does trump the 430, but the 430 is still one hell of a car.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
360, 430, and 458 all incredible machines.

Shows the evolution of a brand and its technology.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I own a 430. I worked the engine and exhaust gently getting another 75 HP or so. It is very responsive and sounds way better than a regular Scuderia. The Scud and 430 look so close to me that it is hard to understand how they cause a substantially different reaction.
The car handles like its on a track. And with the engine work the car is much more responsive. BTW my car does in fact have the 6 speed manual.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
i think the 458 is the nicest looking ferrari to date. 430 just looks like a reworked 360.
i have never wanted a fcar. untill i saw a 458 in the flesh.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
So, is the Gallardo Superleggera obsolete? What about a Porsche 997 Turbo?

When a new version of a car comes out, the old version is still a great car. I am waiting for the Scuds to get down into the $40k range and I am going to snatch one up. Make a great track car!

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
They don't compete...458 is a lot more powerful car but the 430 is an experience of its own.

People can't compare the F50 and Enzo (which is an F60) because they are two different experiences, and i think its the same with these two.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My opinion, for my tastes:

Speaking strictly to appearance / image...430 Scud > 458 > 430. I haven't driven any of them so I can't talk about performance other than paper stats.
+1

Seeing the 458 though is what's turned me from a die hard Porsche owner into a lock stock Ferrari fanatic.

Was at a Starbucks on a Saturday morning a few weeks ago and saw a gorgeous red Ferrari, then ended up sitting next to the happy owner and his 3 year old son. I hadn't followed cars in a while, having been completely consumed with hiend audio for a number of years then building an ultra hi end home theater. When I was speaking with him I asked obtusely if that was a 360. He graciously said no, and told me it was a 430 but that he had his eye on the 458... Surprised he didn't hit the roof when I asked if it was a Modena!

Funniest thing is when I walked out and got a close look at his F car which was parked next to mine he had a baby seat in there for his son! Wish I'd taken a picture as it just looked so out of place but he was watching me like a hawk from the window!

·
Registered
416 Posts
The F430 is a beautiful vehicle, if only it was coupled with the interior and performance of the 458 Italia.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
The F430 is a beautiful vehicle, if only it was coupled with the interior and performance of the 458 Italia.
i'd shoot myself if my car had the 458 interior.
looks wise, i haven't seen the 458 in person, but it hasn't grown on me yet, but i adore the look of the scud.
F40 is still my favourite Fcar though.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
the 458 is money, for all of you who don't see that I don't know what you're looking at. The scud and CS are both amazing, but they have really done their hw and the technology in the 458 is cutting edge. IMO, its the best ferrari ever made.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts