Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it. I'd buy this over the 3 series.
Why? Other than the front bumper and the side gill thing I really can't tell a difference. I'm not sure what the pricing difference is or will be, either

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I thought four door sedans remained 3-Series, while coupes and convertibles adopted the 4-Series badge, so why would this four door fastback be a 4?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought four door sedans remained 3-Series, while coupes and convertibles adopted the 4-Series badge, so why would this four door fastback be a 4?
This leads back to my confusion. Originally when I was told about all the number changes, a BMW rep told me they wanted to make things a little easier for marketing and accounting purposes, so all the 2 doors would be even and all the 4 doors would be odd. Then they made the 6GC. Now the 4GC. And the 1 is now a hatchback. I think there are Euro 2 series hatchbacks as well. Makes no sense anymore

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
6 series grandcoupe. vs 5 series.

@boostedm The side profile is different. The car is lower and wider than the 3 series as well. Mileage is better.

For me it looks better.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Just checked the BMW USA site to find the small four door GT is listed as a 3-Series, there's no 1-Series anymore, and the 2 is a coupe, so the only inconsistency is the four door GT 6-Series. Who knows. The guys in Munich might be visiting their local beer gardens a little early.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just checked the BMW USA site to find the small four door GT is listed as a 3-Series, there's no 1-Series anymore, and the 2 is a coupe, so the only inconsistency is the four door GT 6-Series. Who knows. The guys in Munich might be visiting their local beer gardens a little early.
The new 1 isn't coming to the US. For now anyway. The 2 either already has a hatch option overseas or is getting one next year. The 3 in the US has the sedan and the GT and the 4 GC will be coming next year.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
People the new numbering system makes sense.

For example:

a4 sedan/wagon | 3 series sedan/wagon

a5 coupe/sportback | 4 series coupe/grandcoupe.

What's so hard to get ... ?

They want to make 3 5 and 7 more mainstream. Make the 2 4 and 6 more for enthusiasts.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
a good looking 4 door hatch from BMW? awesome!

it'd be even awesomer if they made an XdriveM version

Reactions: lalasd

·
Registered
545 Posts
That's almost indistinguishable from the 3 series. I don't think anyone would notice what it was unless they saw the 3 and 4GC side by side.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts