Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, jost got a new job and looking to buy a new car. I already have a daily driver I'm looking for a weekend car or something I drive when I'm feeling spunky.

I want to spend around 25k willing to go up to 30ish. I want something that is fun to drive and also catches the eye.

Been looking at c5 z06, gen 1 caymans and a couple other things. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
L-O-T-U-S

Sent from my CGT

Reactions: A*aron

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Hey guys, jost got a new job and looking to buy a new car. I already have a daily driver I'm looking for a weekend car or something I drive when I'm feeling spunky.

I want to spend around 25k willing to go up to 30ish. I want something that is fun to drive and also catches the eye.

Been looking at c5 z06, gen 1 caymans and a couple other things. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
what is your daily driver?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I would hunt down a clean Cayman S to be in your budget it will most likely have 50k miles but if maintained properly is not a issue. I also agree with plastique the Lotus Elise is a blast and perfect weekend warrior that can be had in the 25k range. If you want to go old school hunt down a clean 964 and you will probably make money on it in a year or two if the market doesnt tank.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
C5 Z06 is best bang for buck. I don't know if it really catches eyes. It's about as common as a honda accord, at least where I'm at. I would hunt for a used 2014 STI.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
c6+supercharger

996+LS1/2

elise
If ECS supercharged c6's are going for $30,000 I think I'll just hop off my roof.

Get a Corvette. They're fun, they can be modded to no end because aftermarket is huge, they've been around forever and have a gigantic community. If you're buying a 30k car just to be looked at then I guess get a Lotus? But spending 30k to have strangers look at you for 5 seconds is sort of stupid. The Lotus isn't exactly fast in a straight line, but I guess that depends what you're used to. You can buy a C5 corvette and start modding it and have an awesome project car that will last you forever.

·
Registered
848 Posts
C5Z would be nice but I'd rather get a clean C6, if you look hard there's quite a few 2008's (LS3) for right at $30,000.

A Cayman would be my second pick.

The Elise would be cool but have you ever been in one? Barebones and veryyyyyyyy small.

I'd take a look at the E90 BMW0 335i as well, can be had easily in your price range, great cross between luxury and sports car. And with basic bolt-ons and tune can be over 400whp thanks to the twin turbo inline 6. Great all around car IMO.

Audi S4/S5 is another top contender.

Then there's the EVO X / STI.

You have quite a few options in your price range. Can you tell us a little more specifically what you're looking for? Older, newer, sedan, coupe, convertible, etc etc.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
C5Z would be nice but I'd rather get a clean C6, if you look hard there's quite a few 2008's (LS3) for right at $30,000.

A Cayman would be my second pick.

The Elise would be cool but have you ever been in one? Barebones and veryyyyyyyy small.

I'd take a look at the E90 BMW0 335i as well, can be had easily in your price range, great cross between luxury and sports car. And with basic bolt-ons and tune can be over 400whp thanks to the twin turbo inline 6. Great all around car IMO.

Audi S4/S5 is another top contender.

Then there's the EVO X / STI.

You have quite a few options in your price range. Can you tell us a little more specifically what you're looking for? Older, newer, sedan, coupe, convertible, etc etc.
I want to put emphasis on "barebones and small". If you get an Elise you are going to feel like you're riding around on a pogo stick. The thing is NOT meant for daily driving and I'd hardly want to say it's meant for anything but track use. It's a car developed for only one purpose.

Also on the 335i, while it can be taken over 400rwhp it wont FEEL like it, it wont kick you in the ass like some cars will.. If you really are only looking to use this on the weekends, I think the corvette is your best bet. The Lotus just will not be fun around the city, and the 335i probably wont make you feel too "spunky". Also try looking at a 370Z or a Mini. Not my sort of thing, but some people like them and aftermarket is also huge and faily cheap for those! Oh, oh, also check out an older Viper

·
Registered
469 Posts
These are little animals! Driven a few and have never been able to drive casually; its always begging me to bury my foot in to the gas pedal! lol

Especially in that blue! and Everyone loves that exceptional s54!

Reactions: chidoks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Get a Subaru WRX STi. No other car I would buy with that budget!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts