Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was at an open house and dyno day yesterday, November, 5th 2011. The #3 Lexus LFA went on the dyno and I filmed a video with my phone. The owner is a real nice guy and has owned many other exotics! There is no words to describe how an LFA sounds in person. Watch in HD and enjoy!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Very cool. I've seen one on the road.'

It was before they went Into public production. I just so happened to look over after getting out of my car and saw a yellow LFA. Knowing that it wasn't producing yet, I thought i was losing it, come to find out they were filming battle of the super cars in the airport in my town.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, he did. 451 hp at the wheels. From what I've read/heard, the type of dyno at this shop reads lower than other dynos. At other shops it reads around 510hp at the wheels. Lexus states it does 552 hp, which I guess was at the crank. RWD is about an 18% drivetrain loss. 451 x 0.18 = 81.18. 81.18 + 451 = 532.18 hp at the crank; which seems consistent with this dyno reading lower.

Like I said, other dynos are reading out 510 hp at the wheels. That converts to about 601.8 at the crank! That's crazy! But, there are a bunch of factors and that is just my understanding.

·
Registered
694 Posts
the LFA has one of the best sounding engines. I really need to stop watching this video but I can't!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts