Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what you all thought, my jeweler is rating it 96/100. I have credit there from selling my old engagement ring. 2003 model- Asking $5,600.

·
10,594 Posts
Not sure about the 25th Anni but the 50th Anni in this condition goes for about 5k +-$250. Jason & Blair are current on Rolex pricing maybe they can comment.

·
7,022 Posts
I'm a bit concerned by the fact the jeweler is listing this as a 25th. This is most likely the 50th; unless someone replaced the original bezel with a green. Hmmmm. Still, price is a bit high. I just bought one for less than 5k not long ago. Also, you can justify a bit more with the Rolex engraving on the inner bezel; pics are not clear enough to see that.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did check the serial number and it is for a 2003, and looks like the 50th anniversary. I will check with them and clarify tomorrow. Pricing seems to be about par with a quick online search with resellers. I know I could get it less, but like I said I have a credit with them so this is better for me

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
A bit high, even if it included all books, box & papers. It's definitely a 50th anny Sub, based on the oval O in Rolex on the dial.

If you don't have anything else you're interested in there, then bargain this down to $5K or less.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Seems a bit high...but if you have credit to burn and nothing else jumps out at you...go for it. I'd at least try to haggle em down to 5k.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I'm going to agree with most.. price seems a bit high to me.. I got mine for $5k BNIB

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had one and sold it. Green bezel got old for me, get the regular sub, it's a classic.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Paid $6200 for mine almost a yr ago so the price seems good to me plus your getting credit for your ring. If you have a good relationship with the guy and he can repair rolex I say do it that way if you have a problem bring it back for him to look at that will make up for the extra couple hundred you may pay now. GL

·
Registered
447 Posts
Paid $6200 for mine almost a yr ago so the price seems good to me plus your getting credit for your ring. If you have a good relationship with the guy and he can repair rolex I say do it that way if you have a problem bring it back for him to look at that will make up for the extra couple hundred you may pay now. GL

No offence, but reality is that the price you paid has no bearing on whether it's a good deal right now, only other watches in the market matter. And the seller being able to fix it would never ease my mind, he can do a crap job just to get you out of his way

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
No offence, but reality is that the price you paid has no bearing on whether it's a good deal right now, only other watches in the market matter. And the seller being able to fix it would never ease my mind, he can do a crap job just to get you out of his way
Simmer down bud, just letting him know what to expect if he was considering purchasing the watch new and $5600 for that watch in excellent condition used is a pretty decent deal especially if the seller is taking his wedding ring in on trade. He may be able to find one around $5k on ebay but then you have the hassle of shipping them his ring for appraisal etc and seems like a lot of brain damage that’s all.

·
Registered
447 Posts
sure, but you can find them LNIB for the same price he's paying for that used one. Check TZ and WN... one was for sale here a few weeks ago, I think it was a V serial

1 - 19 of 19 Posts