Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
^ Absolute crap. How the US didn't win is beyond me. This and England losing the 2018 bid as well. FIFA is a joke. I can't wait for Israel to qualify for the world cup.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It has a population of about 1.5 million people, and the temperature at game time will be about 115 Fahrenheit.

But ... the story is that ALL the bigger neighboring countries will also be taking part, so it's kind of like granting it to the Middle East as opposed to just Qatar.

Apparently FIFA is spreading it around "continents" rather than countries, as in South Africa, South America, Eastern Europe, Middle East, etc.
A lot can happen between now and 2022.

I think the country is currently being used by NATO as a landing strip...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The FIFA presence in and around Qatar, the middle east, etc is phenomenal. It's a shame America did not win the bid, but it is not necessarily a bad thing that Qatar won.

They are going to build an air conditioned enclosed stadium for the event and I think it will be amazing.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i meant it as a compliment for Qatar but okay....

The country and most all countries in the surronding gulf are crazy about soccer. Qatar just hosted the Asian Cup also. This is a huge honor for a middle eastern country and they will make it an amazing experience. There stadium they have in Doha Qatar now is amazing so the new one they will build for the world cup will be over the top.

i think it is a good thing but i also can appreciate everyones opinions here.

Enjoy

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Many middle eastern states are becoming great tourist destinations. UAE has insane architecture and hotels and shopping; not to mention the addition of an F1 track plus the Ferrari theme park!!!!!

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
I think its great, its still a decade away and by then the Middle East will be one of the biggest tourist destinations in the world...i can see it happening already.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
fifa is essentially the definition of corruption. wake me up when FIFA install instant replay or some kind of replay into the sport. until then, world/euro cups will be a joke, just like this years...

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
fifa is essentially the definition of corruption. wake me up when FIFA install instant replay or some kind of replay into the sport. until then, world/euro cups will be a joke, just like this years...
no diff then Formula 1. Politics getting involved with sports ruins everything for the most part

1 - 16 of 16 Posts