Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I sat in the front passenger seat passively pecking at my laptop and clinching my stomach as we roared up the Saw Mill River Parkway through Yonkers.

The juiced-up 550-hp V8 that Land Rover incorporated into its Range Rover Sport SVR flexed against its engine mounts and sent a rapid thrum up the seat and into my back as it bellowed through four exhaust tips poking from the back bumper. Chris Blanchette, my videographer, chuckled as he charged through lines of traffic outbound from New York City with the sort of power that has no business existing in an SUV. Yet there we were.

At the time, I was more worried about assembling a script for our video review of Jaguar’s new all-wheel drive V8 F-Type than I was with evaluating the preposterously plutocratic power tie on wheels that I was presently riding in. That, and avoiding seasickness.

Chris isn’t a gentle driver, but looking back it’s hard to blame him. After we traded seats, I realized that accelerating in the new Range Rover Sport SVR feels manlier than flexing a thousand biceps while simultaneously siring a child. It’s big, it’s loud, it looks like a million bucks and it only costs $126,000.
Read the complete 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR review at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
276 Posts
When compared to a GL63, X5M and Cayenne Turbo S this RR SVR is a good bargain . There is one on Ebay now but I am not sure of the buy it now price. Wish it was closer so I could give it a closer look. My wife wants a GL but i would rather have this.....IF they are now reliable

·
Registered
20 Posts
Styling of this car is one of a kind and classic. Although the Porsche may have it beat in performance comparisons, I choose the SVR ;)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Love mine!
It is an absolute blast to drive. I've had a GL before and I'd definitely take the SVR over the GL. I do have a G63 AMG and this is a fun ride too, completely opposite of the SVR.
The SVR set the Nurburgring lap record for an SUV at 8:14. Months later the CTS did beat it at 7:59.
The exhaust note alone of the SVR is intoxicating.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1452150552.058689.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1452150571.734797.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts