Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since nobody posted this, I thought I should do it. This season should be more exciting than last season, Mercedes will have more competition this year, Ferrari look good, Renault is back as a team, Red bull and Aston Martin are now a team, Haas, the first American team is up and running, Sauber, with serious financial and technical expertise are bleeding, Force India may have future financial problems, My team Mclaren and Honda seem to be in for some better results this season.

Looking forward to the race this season!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I am in on this! My love for F1 is slowly diminishing. The lack of Social Media and online viewing is annoying, and really limits me following F1. I also am not a fan of the V6 turbo's and it seems like the F1 management is out of touch with the fans and drivers. They keep implementing small stupid changes like to qualifying, but in the end most of the changes are gimmicky, and don't really address the real problem of F1: Lack of overtaking and closing the gap between Mercedes and Manor (and everyone in between).

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm stoked for this season. I know a lot of people [rightfully complain about how boring the sport has gotten over the years, but I still love it.

Mercedes should have their hands full with Ferrari this year. I'm a LH fan and love to see him win, but I'm excited to see him battle it out with Nico and Ferrari.

Torro Rosso should be fun to watch this year. Yes, they're using a 2015 engine, but "the kids" are aggressive and fun to watch.

RBR - Is it sad that I'm more excited to learn more about the street car that they're building with Aston Martin? Adrian Newey putting his masterful skill on a street car? Yea, that's going to be awesome if they don't tie his hands too much.

I'm excited to see what Haas can do in their inaugural year. I hope that they end up somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Manor - I started watching DTM just last year, and I'm so happy I did so that I could witness the talent that is Pascal Wehrlein. He's super aggressive, and should be fun to watch as long as he has a car that will let him take the fight to someone. If you're unfamiliar with Pascal then I encourage you to try and find some DTM highlight videos of him from last year. He put on a display!

I hope that McLaren/Honda have sorted things out. It was such a shame last year to see two incredible drivers handcuffed by a bad car. Jenson probably doesn't have many more season left in him - hopefully we get to see his talent produce some results before he goes. Alonso claims that he will ride out his contract at McLaren/Honda (another 3 years?) so I am optimistic we'll see more from him before he leaves.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI, F1 has an official app, it is worth installing on your phone (ios or android only).

I am in on this! My love for F1 is slowly diminishing. The lack of Social Media and online viewing is annoying, and really limits me following F1. I also am not a fan of the V6 turbo's and it seems like the F1 management is out of touch with the fans and drivers. They keep implementing small stupid changes like to qualifying, but in the end most of the changes are gimmicky, and don't really address the real problem of F1: Lack of overtaking and closing the gap between Mercedes and Manor (and everyone in between).

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LH is already dominating practice so far. Yes, I am a huge LH fan and Alonso, once he gets the right car.

I'm stoked for this season. I know a lot of people [rightfully complain about how boring the sport has gotten over the years, but I still love it.

Mercedes should have their hands full with Ferrari this year. I'm a LH fan and love to see him win, but I'm excited to see him battle it out with Nico and Ferrari.

Torro Rosso should be fun to watch this year. Yes, they're using a 2015 engine, but "the kids" are aggressive and fun to watch.

RBR - Is it sad that I'm more excited to learn more about the street car that they're building with Aston Martin? Adrian Newey putting his masterful skill on a street car? Yea, that's going to be awesome if they don't tie his hands too much.

I'm excited to see what Haas can do in their inaugural year. I hope that they end up somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Manor - I started watching DTM just last year, and I'm so happy I did so that I could witness the talent that is Pascal Wehrlein. He's super aggressive, and should be fun to watch as long as he has a car that will let him take the fight to someone. If you're unfamiliar with Pascal then I encourage you to try and find some DTM highlight videos of him from last year. He put on a display!

I hope that McLaren/Honda have sorted things out. It was such a shame last year to see two incredible drivers handcuffed by a bad car. Jenson probably doesn't have many more season left in him - hopefully we get to see his talent produce some results before he goes. Alonso claims that he will ride out his contract at McLaren/Honda (another 3 years?) so I am optimistic we'll see more from him before he leaves.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First race shows some improvement at the house of Ferrari but still some while before they beat Mercedes. Alonso, accident could have been much much worse, thanks to the smart people at the FIA.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Ferrari almost had it but poor call on the tire choices. Verstappen was hot headed when Sainz took too long to overtake Palmer and he wanted to have a go.
Despite the horrible Alonso-Gutierrez crash, and how bad the car looks, good to know Alonso was get out safely.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Could anyone really tell why the crash happened? I mean it kind of just looked like he went into the turn quicker than Gutierrez but I didn't know if there was more to it than that.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I think Gutierrez started braking at an earlier point and as you can see, starting crossing the white line a bit. Alonso was caught off guard, clipped the Haas' rear left tire and that was it. All he could do is hold on, as the front suspension broke off. Good job with the tethering or those parts would have flown to the stands.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are still investigating, right now it would seem that Haas driver had some issues with his car, hence why Alonso went into him but again nothing is in fact yet.

Could anyone really tell why the crash happened? I mean it kind of just looked like he went into the turn quicker than Gutierrez but I didn't know if there was more to it than that.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
although the showing from Haas has been outstanding and kept me pretty interested, I still left the race yesterday feeling a little dissapointed. A Ferrari win just one time is needed for me to not lose hope that I'll watch the rest of the season with Mercedes winning every race

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
F1 teams need to agree on the sorting out the qualification method right now they cannot seem to agree on what step forward, Todt, says he has something new coming, I hope so because currently they are looking like saps.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I love how most of the coverage is focused on the mid field battles, and not so much on the Mercedes boys. Was hoping to see Red Bull on podium but at least a Ferrari took 2nd. Sucks that Vettel had to retire due to engine problems.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts