Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking forward to the hopefully official reveal of the 2015 STI at the Los Angeles autoshow sometime Nov 2013.

Any particular juicy new news or info? Let's consolidate it here.

Hopefully they'll be using a modified turbo BRZ engine with direct injection. Better mileage I like.

I really want to get a new ride to celebrate personal, professional, and academic milestones, and have kept either this or the Q50 on my sights. But seeing all the bad IT shit that's been plaguing the Infiniti has made me go for a true and tried simpler approach to pure driving enjoyment. Plus I need to get a proper MT car, enough of this pussy automatic BS.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still waiting for final reveal but chances are it will look close to above. Oh well. Not interested in the current 2014 especially Canadian versions (Tsurugi) are just selling off old Impreza body style stock.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best bet is its not going to happen depending on what we've seen on spy shots so far. In a month we'll know. Oh well. :/

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Big fan of the concept, not a huge fan of this.

While it's becoming more 'consumer-friendly' Subaru is losing its awesome 'quirkiness' and individuality (BRZ only excepted at this point.)

For the STI to be another hit, they need to again make it standout in performance and looks. They can't just keep recycling/watering-down the recipe.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too bad FHI doesn't appear to have the financial resources to launch a completely new platform instead of beef-ed up Imprezas, reneging their earlier point that they wanted to further separate Imprezas from WRX and STIs, it's really just marketing gimmick at the point over anything substantial. Starting a whole new product line is expensive in a manufacturing standpoint. They know consumers will still by "STI" badged anything and are banking on that benefit over the costs of a whole new platform.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Too bad FHI doesn't appear to have the financial resources to launch a completely new platform instead of beef-ed up Imprezas, reneging their earlier point that they wanted to further separate Imprezas from WRX and STIs, it's really just marketing gimmick at the point over anything substantial. Starting a whole new product line is expensive in a manufacturing standpoint. They know consumers will still by "STI" badged anything and are banking on that benefit over the costs of a whole new platform.
I thought I read somewhere that the new WRX/STI platform was supposed to be different than the Impreza, but looking at the car I think it may have just been a wishful rumor.

And I know that some people think it's dumb, but I will really miss the UEL header boxer rumble.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Shouldn't new STI also have rumble as its boxer. Maybe not the same sound though as new ones not using EJ25.
The engine itself doesn't create the rumble, it is an artificial sound caused by the unequal length header leading to the turbo. Without them, like in the BRZ/FR-S, there is no rumble.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Meh....
I dislike how all new models of anything look more and more like the other brands.
I miss the days when people looked original, and took those risk to be different then the pack.

·
Registered
473 Posts
It doesn't look aggressive because it looks like a regular WRX. There are no STI stickers anywhere, not even on the grill.
Also didn't look wide like an STI model.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I looked at plain jane Impreza tonight in my garage again. I barely ride her after getting a new job walking distance away. She still didn't cheat on me. I may cheat on her...

1 - 20 of 115 Posts