Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Like the latest BMW M3, Mercedes will shift to forced induction to power its D-segment performance sedan. Unlike BMW, it retains all eight cylinders.

As you might already know because of the leaky Daimler mothership – a Mercedes website accidentally posted official specs yesterday – the W205 C63 will use a version of the same 4.0-liter biturbo V8 also thumping away underneath the new AMG-GT hood. Like that car, the new C63 will be available in two forms: normal and “S.” The regular model makes 469 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque while the hotter C63 S puts out 503 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque. The two cars will launch from 0-62 MPH in four seconds or 3.9 respectively. Publications clocked the old car at 3.9 seconds in the 0-60 sprint, which is slightly shorter than the 100 kilometer mark, but keep in mind that German cars are often underrated by their manufacturers with conservative acceleration times.

2015-Mercedes-AMG-C63-11And conservative this new car purportedly is because the guys at AMG claim to have cut fuel consumption by 32 percent. “No other high- performance V8 automobile is more fuel efficient than the new C63,” AMG engine development boss Christian Enderle said.

If you choose, the car can be outfitted with an upgraded exhaust system with an exhaust flap that opens according to the performance demands coming from the driver. There are three selectable modes associated with the upgrades breathing pipes called “comfort, sport + and race.” Needless to say, they operate as named by allowing increasingly aggressive volumes of hot gas out the back end.
Read the complete story on the 2015 Mercedes C63 AMG at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
My honest opinion. It looks like crap.

Is has this iPad on the dash, and the gear stick thingy... where is it? On the steering wheel like lower classes? No thanks...

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I don't like the current SL over the last one.
I don't like the current S over the last one.
Now comes the C. Same thing, not as nice as the last one.
All of these look nice, just not as nice as before. Looks like Benz is heading in a direction not for me.
Haven't seen the new S-Coupe yet but I'm betting it doesn't look as nice as the CL.

Oops, forgot about the CLS. I like both previous and current models of that one.

No comment on the CLA. I don't count it as a Benz.

Reactions: AEH and Redx

·
Registered
86 Posts
The interior of the new S is way better than the previous gen. I am not sold on the exterior looks, but it usually takes me awhile with the Mercedes cars.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Certain MB models are a hit or miss. The new SL and C look weird, i prefer the previous gen. The E and S classes on the other hand, are absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Dont understand this new interior concept with having an out of place ipad looking thing on top of the dash instead of a clean integrated screen. MB wtf???

·
Registered
545 Posts
I hate to be one of those people but, is it just me or are all Mercedes starting to look exactly the same?...

CLA45:

C63:

E63:

CLS63:

S65:

I believe I'm in the minority in thinking that all of these look great, just a little bit too similar though.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I hate to be one of those people but, is it just me or are all Mercedes starting to look exactly the same?...

CLA45:

C63:

E63:

CLS63:

S65:
They've always looked pretty much the same just with different proportions. Now they're using VERY similar designs, so it makes it more obvious.

·
Registered
545 Posts
They've always looked pretty much the same just with different proportions. Now they're using VERY similar designs, so it makes it more obvious.
That's a given because they're all MB, but the lines of the cars are all starting to become the same.

·
Registered
205 Posts
In my opinion, I think Mercedes is heading in a great direction interior and technology wise, I think their new tech and styling is a game changer, however their exterior designs suck to say the least. I already have trouble differentiating between a CLA250/E350/soon-to-be C350 with the AMG sport pack from their actual AMG variants at a distant, now I'm getting C-Classes and S-Classes mixed up at a distance. I can do a better job differentiating a 3-series from a 4-series than I can of the Mercedes models. They need to step their game up when the face-lifts start rolling out and add something unique to each car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The car looks amazing and I HATE Silver cars, Looks like another MB will be leased:clap:

01-2016-mercedes-amg-c63-paris-1_zpsabc37961.jpg

11-2016-mercedes-amg-c63-paris-1_zpsba95c3d6.jpg

The interior with the Red stitching & Red carbon fiber.:clap:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts