1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
they should stick to Lotus

·
Registered
913 Posts
Man if we could get anything even close to this for 60k I'd snap one up in an instant. Stupid Aus models and pricing...

Let's hope with the introduction of Mustangs to the country next year something like this will follow... (But I have a bad feeling factory Mustang GT's will be about 60k on their own...)

·
Registered
610 Posts
To clarify, this isn't 700whp, it's 717bhp. The UK's nomenclature for flywheel horsepower is BHP. Brake horsepower. It's a misnomer.

And it will not be a rival to the C7 Z06 in any capacity beyond price. Since this is Top Gear, we can take a stab at "how fast these two go 'round our track with our tame racing driver" and hazard a guess there will end up being a least a dozen or more spaces between them on the lap time leader board.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
To clarify, this isn't 700whp, it's 717bhp. The UK's nomenclature for flywheel horsepower is BHP. Brake horsepower. It's a misnomer.

And it will not be a rival to the C7 Z06 in any capacity beyond price. Since this is Top Gear, we can take a stab at "how fast these two go 'round our track with our tame racing driver" and hazard a guess there will end up being a least a dozen or more spaces between them on the lap time leader board.
Careless mistake, that's very true. Both the hellcat and Hennessey Mustang GT are equally powered in the low 700 bhp range. I also do not see this coming close with the C7Z.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Still like the car though, and still excited about it. I have a couple more months before I take delivery of mine due to being stuck on a work trip in the middle east awhile longer. Can't wait to drive it.... and strangely enough, I never thought I'd be this stoked over a.... Mustang?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Man if we could get anything even close to this for 60k I'd snap one up in an instant. Stupid Aus models and pricing...

Let's hope with the introduction of Mustangs to the country next year something like this will follow... (But I have a bad feeling factory Mustang GT's will be about 60k on their own...)
With Ford culling FPV I very much doubt there will be anything more coming here than the top of the range GT Premium. I however will more than likely be jumping on the bandwagon and getting one of these over the FGX XR8, despite being FAU's last V8.

·
Registered
913 Posts
With Ford culling FPV I very much doubt there will be anything more coming here than the top of the range GT Premium. I however will more than likely be jumping on the bandwagon and getting one of these over the FGX XR8, despite being FAU's last V8.
I still reckon the VF will be better than the FGX anyway. I will probably end up with a mustang also, if I don't end up buying a euro first...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I'm a ford fanboy so that's where my loyalty will lay until I can afford to be loyal to ferrari or lamborghini haha.
Same. I'm just a Ford Mustang guy. I understand the Hellcats will probably be faster, but damn they just don't look as good to me. That's the great thing about cars though, there's a car out there for everyone that they actually connect to.

·
Registered
610 Posts
He'd do a fantastic job though.

You'd just get your mower back with a different handle and a wheel swap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts