Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked and I didn't see anything so I'm starting a thread.

I was prepared to buy myself a brand new Dodge Charger and when I heard that they were redesigning it for the 2015 model year I was excited to be driving something that doesn't look like anything else out there. I live in western New York so we get some bad winters, making RWD more challenging for year round driving. I also enjoy going fast so the V8 is for me. I just found out that they did away with the AWD V8. what do you guy thing about this. I'm more upset about the loss of the AWD V8 they the new front end that goes away from the Charger look we all know.

What are your opinion of the new Charger?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Charger, I'm unsure of the aesthetics. The interior has improved. I don't plan on buying one, but I do think the V8's have always been decent cars, value-wise. I was never a fan of the Challenger, either, until I saw the subtle changes made for the '15 models. If the rumored 6XX HP model is released this coming Fall, I will check into one.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't like it, the Dodge corporate face does not fit it at all. They probably dropped the AWD model because not a lot of people bought them, which is entirely their fault because most people didn't know it existed in the first place.

2015 Challenger on the other hand?

Drool. Yes please.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
The new 2015 does look better, hate, hate, HATE!!!!!, the headlights on the current charger looks sloppy. My first ride was a '07 charger SE, slow as hell but no major issues, barely any. Its got a 160,000k and is a company vehicle now, still runs like new. If I were you I would wait for the 2015 SRT that should be nice. But if you really want the AWD then maybe look into a cherokee SRT ? I know its apples and oranges but still both are great looking rides.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I just bought a 2011 Charger and couldn't be happier. It's definitely one mean machine. Not so sure about the front end for the 15 model but I'm sure it'll grow on me

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I just bought a 2011 Charger and couldn't be happier. It's definitely one mean machine. Not so sure about the front end for the 15 model but I'm sure it'll grow on me
i got a mechanically identical 2012 chrysler 300 and also very happy with it. As for 2015 charger front-end it is an Epic Fail.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The new 2015 does look better, hate, hate, HATE!!!!!, the headlights on the current charger looks sloppy. My first ride was a '07 charger SE, slow as hell but no major issues, barely any. Its got a 160,000k and is a company vehicle now, still runs like new. If I were you I would wait for the 2015 SRT that should be nice. But if you really want the AWD then maybe look into a cherokee SRT ? I know its apples and oranges but still both are great looking rides.
I think I will probably end up with the AWD V6, I know people at performance shops who *might* be able to get V8 numbers out of it.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I think it's going to grow on me.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I didn't like it at first either. But I also didn't like the last gen until they released the SRT8. There is a render of modified one floating around the interweb that I couldn't find but it looks mean as F.

I think in the right color with some cool mods it could lean good.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
actually I change my mind, it looks fugly, the light tube around the headlight doesn't work like it does on the cherokee and 300C

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
actually I change my mind, it looks fugly, the light tube around the headlight doesn't work like it does on the cherokee and 300C
They're trying to brand that as their thing. It's on the dart, the durango, the jeep, now the Charger. I am sure other models will have it in the future.

Reactions: Redx

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I dig how it looks. What I dig even more is the fact that it's coming with the 8-speed ZF across the range now incl the R/T and more than likely the SRT.

I am pretty tempted by the 2015 Challenger 392 Scat Pack in the 6MT too tho...

Interested to see what the SRT's come out with since the Chally R/T is available with the 392 now...6.2 Supercharged anybody???

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'm not a fan of it just yet, hoping the SRT will look better than this, they just copied the dart too much

Thinking about getting a 2nd gen Superbee

1 - 20 of 23 Posts