Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Chevrolet’s new Corvette Z06 halo car will officially debut tomorrow during the Detroit Auto Show, but more information about the car is leaking ahead of its ceremonial introduction.

If leaked information that showed up on Hot Rod magazine’s website is correct, the car has a beastly 620 hp and 635 lb-ft of torque sent through an eight-speed automatic. Yes, the Z06 will be offered with both a seven-speed stick and an eight-speed auto.

It is also supposed to have the same wheel and tire sized as the old ZR1. The torque tube is made of carbon fiber, although that’s sure to be one of many parts made of the same material.

Finally, it sounds like the car is going to be offered with three trim levels with increasing levels of aerodynamic performance. The top-trim version will be called the Z07. Everything will come out tomorrow at 10 a.m. when Chevrolet holds its press conference when there’s sure to be more exciting details on tap.
Read the complete story on the 2015 Corvette Z06 at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
do not like. looks like abase c7 with some stuff slapped on it. No widebody or vastly different front end.

·
Registered
241 Posts
do not like. looks like abase c7 with some stuff slapped on it. No widebody or vastly different front end.
It is a widebody with flared front and rear fenders to accommodate larger tires. Not sure about the front fender liners or that rear spoiler.

May still pick one up in two years once the dealer gouging stops.

Until then I have my modded Z06 to pass the time (not selling this one).

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm a HUUUUUGE Corvette fanboy, but the C7Z is so disappointing. The performance specs are great, but aesthetically, it's a base C7 with some carbon goodies. Boring.

Def needs a different / more aggressive front bumper, maybe different rear fenders with the brake duct in a different spot? I don't know, just something different than a base model with different wheels and 3 carbon fiber pieces...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts