Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking this S3 out. What is the general consensus amongst the forum?

Overall proportions make it look like a dwarf S4, but I've gotten to really like it - front looks far better than the current B8.5 S4 especially with full LED lights.

Interior has grown on me as well.

300 hp and 40 MPG. Interdasting.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I look it as a better CLA45 AMG. Interior materials aren't very impressive or up to B8 spec, but good enough and it has good tech and attractive features- it's good enough that it will attract most people who are looking for an entry-level luxury car or are coming from VWs.

·
Registered
490 Posts
It looks like a CLA45 AMG competitor (although 55 HP less), and from my brief look at the S3 it looks pretty good. Although from the reports I've read, it will not include a 6 speed manual (which they have in Europe). Considering the S4 still comes with a manual gear box, I'm surprised they didn't include it as an option on this car.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
There is no way the S3 gives 40 mpg. It would be cool if they made a S3 coupe ... a miniature S5? I think the overall package is fantastic ... but would pick the m235i over both the S3 and the CLA 45 amg. On another note they should make a RS3.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The s3 isa. Cracking car, much nicer than the merc a45 cla45 and they go like stink!

Local tuning shop near me has one doing 0-60mph in 3.9 secs (remapped) and well over 100 not long after

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I don't understand why you would want to go smaller than the A4/S4 if you're shopping for a sedan. Any way you look at it besides economy, the A3/S3 is worse...

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know, but argh. Checked out a few of the A3s sitting on the Audi lot next to the A4.

It looks weird, but some parts of it look more "fresh".

I'm back to sitting on the fence about the interior. The S4 interior is a damn nice place to spend time, but the minimalist S3 dash is growing on me. I don't know if the spartan interior is attractive in the "less is more" mantra or just because it's showing the entry level roots. Jury is still out.

More time to review 335/435s.

But the car does look pretty good in this review.

·
Registered
490 Posts
^ Other than the car being very small and oddly shaped (pretty much exactly how I feel about the CLA45 AMG), the one thing I don't like is the interior...specifically the dash. The seats look great, but those large circular air vents look so cheap and out of place. It's an Audi, not a Pontiac!

If I was in the market for one of the pocket sized cars....I think I would have to go with the CLA45 AMG, even though I am a Audi fan and owner. Punch for punch, I don't think anything in the same class will touch the AMG. 355HP out of a 4 banger...unreal. Once some tuners get a hold of it, it should break 400HP and still be a reliable daily driver. Technology sure is advancing!

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think if they were to make a miniature version of the A6/7 asymmetric dash where those vents were, that would be the piece de resistance.
Whelp, this is the fun part of car research.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
You guys have to realize that Audi, Mercedes and BMW sells regular cars else where as well. At this price range something has to give and the interior dash is not that bad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts