Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to this forum and a proud new owner of a 14' turbo S. The car has red leather interior with red stitching in the dash, carbon fiber interior options, dark tint on the back windows to extend the black roof back, and full radar package :) I am in LOVE with this car. The power is incredible. I love exotic cars and am simply addicted to watching online videos and planning my next purchase. I am in my mid-30s, and am eyeing a F430 Scudaria. I love my Porsche, but do you feel the Ferrari is Coke and Porsche is the Pepsi? Would love to hear the opinions. Personally I love both cars but don't feel I am as educated.

1.gif

2.gif

Edit: You'll see my Jeep Rubicon in the background. I am a HUGE pimped out jeep fan too. It's a monster to drive compared to the Porsche agility and ZIP.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
What's your Social Security number and date of birth? You've given us just about every other piece of information--might want to keep some of it private.

Nice car, I hope to own one someday

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: SS and DOB, I almost posted this - thanks for the save.

Thanks, the car is awesome. I owned a 13' carrera s, and decided to take the dive into the turbo S. She rides higher and more powerful for sure. The body style is much wider and more aggressive.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Turbo S is a great daily driver with Bugatti speed. A lot of us came from the 911, it's the gateway drug to Ferrari. Can't go wrong with either, I went from a 997 Carrera S to a California to a 458 Spider currently enroute from New Jersey. Enjoy your Turbo S, I attended a 991 Turbo S launch party last Thursday and the basalt black example was impressive. Given the choice, I would opt for the 991 GT3 but that's purely personal preference. I'm sure the Turbo S is a better daily driver.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I drove the 430 scud on a track and the noise and power was nasty. Any reason Porsche does not have the roar in their cars? I sense they are more refined whereas Ferrari can be more bold and edgy in their brand.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of us came from the 911, it's the gateway drug to Ferrari.
Why is the Ferrari a "step up" in drugs? Is it the performance, or just overall experience with the noise and style. I wonder if the Ferrari's were $100k less, would they carry the same appeal?

I am honestly interested. I spent a long time biting on the 991 turbo s, but always found myself staring at the 430, I love the 458, but the body style feels to smooth in the mid-body. I feel they lacked on the aggressive nature as their heritage has been a little edgy, but not so far as the lambo. The 458 is clearly a higher performing vehicle, but I feel the body style lacked. Maybe I am more old school in the style.

Reactions: slik560

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Beautiful car. I can see why you're in love with it ;) For the moment I still prefer the 997.2TT, but the 991 grows on me every time I see one!

I drove the 430 scud on a track and the noise and power was nasty. Any reason Porsche does not have the roar in their cars? I sense they are more refined whereas Ferrari can be more bold and edgy in their brand.
With an exhaust the Porsches sound very good IMO. But the turbos mute the sound a bit, and the flat six is very raspy (The rasp doesn't sound bad IMO, just doesn't sound like an F-Car). It doesn't have a really nice pitch but it sounds very racecar-ish.

Ferraris are definitely louder stock though. The Scud is a monster that I definitely would like to own one day.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Why is the Ferrari a "step up" in drugs? Is it the performance, or just overall experience with the noise and style. I wonder if the Ferrari's were $100k less, would they carry the same appeal?

I am honestly interested. I spent a long time biting on the 991 turbo s, but always found myself staring at the 430, I love the 458, but the body style feels to smooth in the mid-body. I feel they lacked on the aggressive nature as their heritage has been a little edgy, but not so far as the lambo. The 458 is clearly a higher performing vehicle, but I feel the body style lacked. Maybe I am more old school in the style.
Ferrari is about emotion. It does not appeal to common sense. Driving the Ferrari is an "event." They have mastered the naturally aspirated v8 exhaust note so that it causes one's heart to pound and race. They are more exclusive than Porsche and it's more difficult to order a new one as allocation is limited. They also maintain their value better than other brands. 20 minutes behind the wheel of a 458 at WOT was all it took for me to take the plunge. Ferrari creates the sensation of going fast even though one is only doing 10 mph over the speed limit. I see that you tracked the Scud so you already understand what I'm trying to say.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats with your purchase. You can never go wrong with a Porsche

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Congrats on your new car! Best color and would love to see the red interior.

As Surfah mentioned, the Ferrari is just in a different league all together. The brand represents flare and emotion. It is about the light handling when you sit behind the wheel, the symphonic exhaust note, the community and camaraderie, the racing heritage. Obviously, Porsche is more 'popular' but to me it is a bit too 'comfortable.' I test drove (and almost bought) a 997.1 GT3RS. It feels way more 'heavier' than my 16M. The 16M/Scud feels like a dart around corners and screams like a banshee.
Sure some P cars are faster, but the Scud is just an amazing work of machinery.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ferrari creates the sensation of going fast even though one is only doing 10 mph over the speed limit.
That is what I felt when I was driving the Scud. Coming around turns with the noise I also felt more connected to the ground vs. in the Porsche I feel like the car is driving me a little. Not a bad thing, the car is brilliant, just a different feel. The 991 Turbo S accelerates and drives effortlessly whereas sometimes I want to feel like I am harnessing a monster. I love the lines of the 991, the way they worked the new lighting at night below the rear view mirrors and around the front and back creates a very classy look. I will definitely take some interior shots and also some night photos tonight if I get a chance.

Thanks everyone for the kind information.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But the turbos mute the sound a bit, and the flat six is very raspy (The rasp doesn't sound bad IMO, just doesn't sound like an F-Car). It doesn't have a really nice pitch but it sounds very racecar-ish.
Thanks for this LINDW4LL -- do you have a suggested exhaust kit for the 991 turbo s? Is this something I should even install as I am worried it may compromise the vehicle performance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
drugs to cars list....

weed - corvette
LSD- -Lambo
shrooms - viper
coke - Mclarens
speedballin' - Ferraris
Heisenberg level meth - Paganis
downers - Aston martins
opiates (oxy to heroin) - Porsches
hydromorphine - Buggati's

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Really nice! We're looking to play with a Turbo S of that color, shoot me a PM and let's play along! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some pics I took tonight... did my best for the time I could escape for a few minutes. Psyched to be part of this awesome forum. I've been trying to find locals in my area who love cars, but it's tough to find people with the passion or money for these exotic machines.

Note the tint job on the back window that extends the black down. From a distance shot at night she looks really hot.

1.jpg

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

a.jpg

6.gif

b.jpg

Reactions: In AWD We Trust
1 - 20 of 39 Posts