Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this on another forum from what appears to be a reputable source... a preview of what Panerai might have for us in SIHH.

No other Bronzo
No mini Egiziano
A new Flyback on ceramic case
A new SE Sub (similar to 364)
Almost of SEs are in WG & RG
All base models will discontinued (UPDATE: ETA movements discontinued, replaced by in-house?)
A new movement will be announced (P 5000)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thsiao, do you think Pams are getting a little played out? Flooding the market with so many models and the 318 fiasco? Not being critical just getting a little bored with my DJ and Explorer ii and contemplating trading both in for a 42mm Radiomir vs. GMT2 black/blue dial. I saw that the Pam 369 has valjoux 7750 movement derivative which sometimes stutters and jumps. Do you recommend going in-house movement for Pam at all costs? I have thin wrists and need a daily watch that can fit under medical gloves pretty much ruling out the 44mm luminor.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
42 rad is where its at. the 292 is my fav but if your less than 7.25in wrist probally wont wear well.

GMT blue black is also very, very sharp. If I bought a rolex again it would be that.

Reactions: surfah

·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thsiao, do you think Pams are getting a little played out? Flooding the market with so many models and the 318 fiasco? Not being critical just getting a little bored with my DJ and Explorer ii and contemplating trading both in for a 42mm Radiomir vs. GMT2 black/blue dial. I saw that the Pam 369 has valjoux 7750 movement derivative which sometimes stutters and jumps. Do you recommend going in-house movement for Pam at all costs? I have thin wrists and need a daily watch that can fit under medical gloves pretty much ruling out the 44mm luminor.
Personally I think I am done with Panerai for the time being... way too many models. And I would pick the GMT2 black/blue bezel over a Radiomir any day.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Personally I think I am done with Panerai for the time being... way too many models. And I would pick the GMT2 black/blue bezel over a Radiomir any day.
Thanks bro, requested a new or LNIB (estimated $500 difference so prolly going with new) GMT2 black/blue from my broker and will be trading in my DJ and Explorer ii. I already tried it on at AD and it fits like a glove (pun intended).

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
what explorer are you letting go? the 16570 polar is a classic and we better see some pics of the gmt inside your 458

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Id hang on to it. if you let it go your probably only looking at ~4k. Great piece for sports or rough outdoors. If you were trading it they would probally only give 2500. in that case ill take it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Id hang on to it. if you let it go your probably only looking at ~4k. Great piece for sports or rough outdoors. If you were trading it they would probally only give 2500. in that case ill take it.
I was offered 3500 for exp ii and 2500 for dj (2004) by Tourneau for trade so my out of pocket costs for gmt2 would be around $3k. Of course broker could lowball me. Tourneau out here can't sell new Rolex unlike SF store.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I love the new base models with the P.5000. Ordered a 510 for a daily. I love the minimalist look and an 8 day winder. I have to agree, Panerai is not listening to their consumers, and pushing way too many mediocre models. I was told all models will soon be in-house movements as Panerai phases out the Swatch Group's movements and some models that have them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any thoughts on what that would do to the resale value of the base models? I have been thinking about picking up a 111 or potentially the 510, wondering if the move to an in-house base will devalue those with the ETA movements, or potentially raise them as some may prefer an easily serviced widely used ETA movement vs. the in-house that only Panerai can work on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts