Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Well my time with my 2011 porsche cayenne turbo is coming to an end. Loved that truck and it has easily been the best DD I've ever owned. Lease is coming up in the spring and I've always loved the fullsize range. Interested in either standard or lwb autobiography. Just wondering if anybody has had experience with the new ones and if there will be any difference between the 14 or the 15.
thanks

Deuce

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
We took delivery of ours 4 months ago. From the time I placed the order until the day we left with the truck it took 9 months. Only option I sprung for was the HSE with 22" wheels since the thing comes loaded to begin with. Love the truck and much more of a comfortable and smoother drive then the previous body style. Go for it and post pics if you pull the trigger.
85.jpg

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
From what my dealer kept telling me was the 6 cylinder engine used in the HSE is also used in the Sport and other models as well. Land Rover couldn't make enough of these engines to meet the body demand hence the long waits and low availability which results in dealers asking full sticker.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK so I looked at a few beautiful ranges yesterday and I think I have found the one. 2014 white autobiography with the red 4 seat interior. Everything I wanted!

PS I would post pictures but haven't got a clue how to??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Check out fullfatrr.com - Index in the L405 part for advice. I've heard there are knocking issues with the new one though. Ensure you read up on this and ask if its had the part fitted to cure the noise. Sure it's to do with the suspension but can't be 100%.

Lucky to be getting one lovely vehicles. Just got rid of my l322 though way to unreliable, juice heavy and car tax was £500 a year. Uk crazy bullshit encourage you to get out of the car prices!!!

Oh and latest recall regarding service intervals at 7k miles

There is a known fault.

The secondary turbocharger was leaking oil into the exhaust and this was coating the diesel particulate filter with a film, causing excessive regenerations.

The secondary turbocharger doesn't have an oil return which can carry a sufficient oil flow. Back pressure causes the oil to leak into the exhaust.

The issue is resolved by creating a second oil return path.

The technical bulletin has reference LTB00524v5 4.4 TDV8 Exhaust Smoke.

Affected vehicles have VIN ranges DA000011-EA144253, model years 2013-2014.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts