Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lamborghini-Aventador-06.jpg

My teeth were in braces when I first sat in a Lamborghini. My dad took me to a showroom knowing I would get a chance to see and maybe even touch some of the cars that he knew I idolized.

After more than an hour of ogling, the sales rep walked up to us and I fully expected her to thank us for our enthusiasm, but kindly ask us to leave. Instead, she unlocked a teal green Murcielago and I got to pretend I could see over the wheel.

And that is why it is my distinct pleasure to give you a tour of that car’s successor: the Lamborghini Aventador.

Like all Lamborghini products, the Aventador is reserved for people with particularly deep pockets. Pricing kicks off at right around $404,000 including the gas guzzler tax and delivery, but that number climbs further into the stratosphere as soon as you start digging into the options list.

Inside the engine compartment, there’s a 6.5-liter V12 engine that screams to over 8,000 rpm making 700 hp and 509 lb-ft of torque. There’s only one transmission option: Lamborghini’s ISR automated manual sending power to a permanent all-wheel drive system.

Not that you care, but the EPA says you should expect 11 mpg in the city, 18 on the highway or 13 on average.
Under the Skin

But back to the important stuff: equipment. As you might already know, the Aventador is based on a carbon fiber monocoque chassis that houses all of the components that make it so special.

The basic equipment list includes 19-inch wheels on the front and 20’s on the rear, while you can upgrade to 20’s on the front and 21s on the rear wrapped in Pirelli P Zero tires, which by the way, measure 355 mm wide on the rear. Behind those wheels you’ll find a pushrod suspension inspired by formula one racing and adapted for use on regular roads.

Lamborghini is limiting production of the Aventador to 4,000 units and with a dizzying list of customizable parts; it’s safe to say that no two cars will be exactly alike. Despite that, the most striking design elements are pretty much constant.

It is unbelievably imposing in person. For perspective, it’s roughly twice as wide as it is tall. Of course carbon ceramic brakes are standard and to put things in more relatable terms, the front rotors are as big as a large size pizza from Domino’s.

You can pay for clear louvers over the engine to let the car act as a showcase for its brutal V12 heart, but my favorite part of this car has to be the unbelievably aggressive rear end.
Watch the Lamborghini Aventador video review and read the complete story at AutoGuide.com.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts