Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will be starting a SQ audio build on a new 2014 this week. The Taurus will retain the stock Sony
navigation unit to keep a OEM unit look and feel. Will be running fully active 2 way up front and a sing 12" sub in the rear. The trunk area will house the DSP processor, amps and sub in a stealth setup to maximize space for daily use and clean OEM look.

The equipment and products

- Mosconi 4to6 DSP
- Mosconi Gladen one 120.4 amplifier
- JL JX 1000/1.
- PHD FB 6.1 Pros 2 way components
- JL Audio 12w6 v2 in sealed enclosure
- Focal BAM X.X.X.L Sound deadening material
- Black hole sound tiles for door panels
- Stinger 100% copper 14ga speaker wire, 4 gauge power wire
- Stinger RCA cables

Stay tune for updates :wink:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright car and audio equipment came today. I had some time to start the tear down, but will finish in the morning. Here are some shots of the interior and the equipment. will post the entire build next week when finished. until then

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
What an exhilarating thread.

Reactions: Flyingcesar

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is the trunk with the gill covers on. This protects the subwoofer and amp from damage when hauling everyday things in the trunk
As you can see, totally stealth.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright here are pictures of the build step by step.

Starting from the front, I used an Stinger anl fuse holder to protect the sound system.

Moving on to the door panels, I used blackhole tiles on the inside of the doors sheet metal to control the back waves and vibrations. Then focal BAM deadening was used for door panels and seal the door.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Then the adapter and mid are mounted to the door. then the door opening is sealed using the Focal Bam deadening.

·
Registered
6 Posts
clean install... pics of sub box?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts