Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I love the Z/28... I believe they could have pushed it a little harder but... what do I know.. i just take photos for a living! lol It's without a doubt an amazing feat and 10 years ago anyone would have laughed at the idea of having a factory camaro beat such cars at the track...

Here is the video just in case

I love how that thing sounds!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
^ true... but with everything that they did to the Z/28... weight reduction and unique suspension setup... that thing is insane. A serious track car... I just love to see what elements from this Z/28 will end up in the lower models a few years from now.

I would be happy with a 1LE. :) In white... with black wheels...

·
Registered
712 Posts
That is a really impressive time! It is by far my favourite modern American muscle car, however I prefer the pre-facelift version since the rear lights on the new one look a bit crap imo.

·
Registered
620 Posts
That lap is all magic in the corners. Such high corner entry, mid-corner, and corner exit speeds... especially when compared to the ZL1 lap video

ZL1

Z28

The ZL1 monsters the straights... but the Z28's handling is amazing for a 3,800lbs American Musclecar

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
the ls7 is great but what makes the car is the 300lbs reduction and carbon ceramics and reduced lift.
only 12sec slower than a z06 for a huge box with the same engine comparatively speaking.

Willing to bet it will be near gtr prices. No way its any cheaper than 85k.

·
Registered
545 Posts
That's what 305 section front tires will get you.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
That's what 305 section front tires will get you.
*Pirelli PZero Trofeo R 305's on all 4 corners.

I've been scanning through all of the press releases that leave out that major point of advantage.

Either way, it's a great accomplishment for Camaro.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Very good performance, I'm betting that this will be a strong seller.
Price point is a bit high, but the handling you're getting will make the GT500 look like a chump. I wish they'd fix the cheesy interior and give a bit more visibility.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Price point is a bit high, but the handling you're getting will make the GT500 look like a chump. I wish they'd fix the cheesy interior and give a bit more visibility.
You are right about that... but not only with the Z/28, but also with the ZL1 and even the 1LE.... :clap:

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
This is Chevy's updated Camaro, and granted it's quite amazing, but Ford will be debuting their IRS Mustangs here pretty quick focused solely on handling. Rumors of a Shelby GT350 are on the horizon. I expect some heavy battling here in the future.

But what I don't understand is, why call it a Z/28? I know the Z/28s were the "track" variants of the Camaro's, but the SS was always the top dog. Now the Z/28 is going to come priced higher than the SS.

Really looking forward to the Ford vs Chevy battle coming up...
Ford Mustang GT500 successor spied near SVT - Autoblog

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
But what I don't understand is, why call it a Z/28? I know the Z/28s were the "track" variants of the Camaro's, but the SS was always the top dog. Now the Z/28 is going to come priced higher than the SS.
From what I recall... the Z/28 package in the 1st gens were race track ready cars. Unlike the 4th Gen Z28 that I used to have that was basically just the V8 version. The way they getting away with it is the "/" between the z and the 28 ;)

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
From what I recall... the Z/28 package in the 1st gens were race track ready cars. Unlike the 4th Gen Z28 that I used to have that was basically just the V8 version. The way they getting away with it is the "/" between the z and the 28 ;)
The first gen's were designed for track simply because of a solid lifter 302 V8 and disc brakes. It still wasn't top dog, the SS was. lol I am not sure what is going on

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'll never be able to envision the GT500 without a solid rear axle though lol.

Reactions: VR1
1 - 20 of 24 Posts