Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 480hp 3.2-liter inline-six (possibly supercharged) that could give the new M3 a top speed of around 186mph. Codenamed "The Apollo," we expect good things from BMW on this one.While details are still murky, it is nice to see the new 2014 F80 M3 starting to take shape. It is expected to debut in concept form at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show and may well make its debut in production form at the 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show.

all the details at 2014 BMW M3 to Pack 480hp Inline-Six

188149.jpg

188135.jpg

188137.jpg

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Does the sharpie guy do the wraps for BMW too? Seriously some weird camo, but I guess it's better than Ferrari's cardboard boxes, trash bags and duct tape

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
That would be very impressive to see them cone out with 480HP out of a tiny 3200cc engine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
690 Posts
If that is the case, all they need to do is update the front fascia and they will be successful!

Like seriously, look how good the front looks when the headlights DO NOT touch the grille (1 million times better)

188134.jpg

Reactions: NstoutBMW

·
14,490 Posts
What are all these companies doing.... Why not just tune it to 500+ hp and show the GTR some compition.... I mean I know they have to upgrade models all the time to make more money. But wouldn't they make more with something that's amazing and sold a lot?.

·
Gold Sponsor
3,967 Posts
That would be very impressive to see them cone out with 480HP out of a tiny 3200cc engine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Boosted most likely. 150hp/L is stratospheric for a N/A street motor.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
If that is the case, all they need to do is update the front fascia and they will be successful!

Like seriously, look how good the front looks when the headlights DO NOT touch the grille (1 million times better)

View attachment 66385
Agreed, that is my biggest gripe on that car. I DO NOT like the headlight extension things, looks dumb

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Finally getting back to its roots! The old E30 was a monster; the twin turbo and NA V8 cars are cool in their own right, but there's nothing like a naturally-aspirated BMW straight six.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rumor has it that BMW was working on a triple turbo for the new m3 with a straight 6i don't know if its true but since the twin turbo diesels was a success why not

·
Registered
264 Posts
Finally getting back to its roots! The old E30 was a monster; the twin turbo and NA V8 cars are cool in their own right, but there's nothing like a naturally-aspirated BMW straight six.
I think you read it wrong. The new M3 will use force induction and will lose its NA nature. There is nothing "back to its roots" about a turbo/supercharged M3. I'll keep my V8. And yes, the seperated headlights look way better.

Reactions: classandspeed

·
Registered
13 Posts
with that kind of power its gotta be forced induction superch or turbo regardless. sounds good but i have beef with two things
1. are they really changing the name to bmw m4/ the 4 series for the 3 coupes?
2. as much as the new power sounds awesome, an 8300 reving 4.0 is pretty damn hard to replace with a boosted 6. am i right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts